1st time seeing this

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxslick

That THHN for the feeder's hot's looks awfully rough like the nylon covering has been scraped against something.

What are the red plastic things on the buss side of that backfed main breaker?

Talk about your bass ackwards installs.!! :grin:

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I don't want to get into an HO doing his own work debate, because to me as long as it's done right I don't care. Now the story

Had this same install on a service change, using the old panel as a sub, and told the homeowner that he needed to change it. So he did, except that he didn't move the grounded and grounding conductors coming from the main and he fried some electronics in the house. "But that's what you said to do" "No it wasn't, and you should have asked if you didn't understand."

Hendrix

I don't want to get into an HO doing his own work debate, because to me as long as it's done right I don't care. Now the story

Had this same install on a service change, using the old panel as a sub, and told the homeowner that he needed to change it. So he did, except that he didn't move the grounded and grounding conductors coming from the main and he fried some electronics in the house. "But that's what you said to do" "No it wasn't, and you should have asked if you didn't understand."
Same thing here. And the HO told me that the city should have a pamphlet, telling you how to do this..I Said "we do, it's about 822 pages.:D

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
That section deals with the bending of conductors over 600V.

Even 312.6 is about the amount of space required to be available for bending conductors and inserting them into the terminations. There is nothing in the NEC that provides a minimum bending radius of the actual 600V conductor inside of an enclosure. I am not aware of individual conductors like THHN having any minimum bending radius at all.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
That section deals with the bending of conductors over 600V.

Even 312.6 is about the amount of space required to be available for bending conductors and inserting them into the terminations. There is nothing in the NEC that provides a minimum bending radius of the actual 600V conductor inside of an enclosure. I am not aware of individual conductors like THHN having any minimum bending radius at all.

Nevermind .

Status
Not open for further replies.