Western Mass Electric

Status
Not open for further replies.

knot stable

Has anyone dealt with Western Mass Electric? There "book" of requirements seems to be pretty vague. I have to wire an addition for an inlaw and I need to remove the service off the house for the addition to go up.But I must keep the service energized. There is a power co. pole on the property and was wondering if I could mount my meter and disconnect to it? (30' to panel from pole)Just trying to get as much info before I start my phone calls.

Jim W in Tampa

Do keep in mind that if you mount the main on a pole that it will be called a structure and require ground rods as well as 4 wire to the house and another main disconnect. Very similar to a mobile home.

knot stable

Peter, It's very vague compared to National Grids here in Rhode Island. It gives no specs that I can see on setting up a temp service mast. If one is needed. Then there is a section that says you can mount your equip on there pole but does not give any explaination when you can or not.

peter d

Peter, It's very vague compared to National Grids here in Rhode Island. It gives no specs that I can see on setting up a temp service mast. If one is needed. Then there is a section that says you can mount your equip on there pole but does not give any explaination when you can or not.

I'm familiar with the National Grid requirements as I live in a National Grid service area, quite close to you actually. ;)

I checked and the temporary service detail is on pages 66-67, at least on the online PDF version. As for mounting to a pole directly, it says it can be done on a privately owned pole, which would be very typical for say a farm. It doesn't sound like that's what you're dealing with though.

Status
Not open for further replies.