Wire cut, 115' means 115'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
If you average the lengths you have about 119 feet - good to go right:grin:

last summer I wanted 170 feet of cable, did not really pay attention to anything until pulling it off the truck at the job site then I realized it seemed to be awful light for the length needed. measured it and there was only 70 feet. Luckily for me and the supply house I had another job where the 70 feet was only a little longer than I needed.

ohmhead

Well Chris your not alone it has happened a few times thur the years we order our wire in bulk and then in 3 months it hits the job but its not uncommon .

Chris the most irradiating for us is when we get multiple runs on one spool and we get pulling and at 300 foot we have a cross .

Or how about wire cuts in the wire after hundreds of feet pulled thats always lots of fun .

The colored wire is always long its like they add to it never short .

Just send them the bill for your time and labor to fix .

kbsparky

Many times, instead of custom cutting your pieces, they will look at the scrap pile first, and give you scrap pieces that are your intended length or longer. It would seem that this time, one of your pieces was short.

Either they did not read the tag right, OR someone previously cut a short piece off this particular scrap coil, and did not relabel it.

The warehouse guy simply removed the old tags, and wrote your lengths on new ones.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Just like when I order a hamburger with no onions, no mustard: it is on the ticket, it is on the counter display, it is on the prep display, but I still get onions & mustard = ???.
"Oh, X meant 'none'? I thought X meant 'extra'. " :roll:

mivey

I'm sure there is a reason. I don't think they were trying to rip anyone off. I think they were just being sloppy.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I'm sure there is a reason. I don't think they were trying to rip anyone off. I think they were just being sloppy.

If the wire is cut short, the customer is being ripped off; if it's cut long, the employer is being ripped off. Accurate is accurate.

The customer is responsible for ordering enough to cover the runs plus any fudge factors he deems necessary or prudent, and the supplier is responsible for delivering what is ordered.

Any extra is a nice bonus, but shouldn't be charged for, as the fudge factor should have been included in the original odrer.

splinetto

What would even make it worse is what they did to me. I had plenty of lenght however, the feeders all came out on a large spool, 3 of the wires were rolled up one way and the 4th was the opposite.

jrannis

When the Sim- Pull wire first came out, one of the warehouse guys at Rexel said that they almost got fired for stealing wire.
They eventually found out that the measuring wheel on the roller skipped along the cable jacket due to the slick outer finish.

ohmhead

When the Sim- Pull wire first came out, one of the warehouse guys at Rexel said that they almost got fired for stealing wire.
They eventually found out that the measuring wheel on the roller skipped along the cable jacket due to the slick outer finish.

Well we use the greenlee wire feeder
P1010005_01.jpg

Needless to say it doesnt go thur the wire feeder real good .

So in the long run its better with regular wire less labor than slim pull.

I think its over rated and on a large job when a bigg order of wire comes in and you store it on site dirt gets all over that slim pull wire and its a real mess weve kinda use it once never again .

And it really doesnt pull any better than soap .

Status
Not open for further replies.