Take a look at this new adjustable wirenut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
I found this on another website and thought I would share:

129036868821014768.jpg

:grin:

Jljohnson

"Seven . . . seven . . . seven . . . " ;)[/QUOTE said:
Eight.....eight.....eight.....
That's an old joke but still funny.

I agree that this pic looks "staged". There are no signs of weathering on the vise grips, surely the rain/snow would have them looking pretty bad in very short order if this was a "real" installation.

480sparky

Eight.....eight.....eight.....
That's an old joke but still funny.

I agree that this pic looks "staged". There are no signs of weathering on the vise grips, surely the rain/snow would have them looking pretty bad in very short order if this was a "real" installation.

It very well could be a temporary solution got get the circuit energized in the lack of a proper termination device. Have one sent out from the supply house or shop, turn the circuit off, and do it correctly.

Rick Christopherson

My gut feeling is that this picture was staged.

Chris
Yes, You can tell it is not only staged, but probably stolen from another application. The photo was lit from below to reduce shadow. The reason why I suspect it was stolen is because it is professionally lit. It is a studio picture lit from several different angles.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Yes, You can tell it is not only staged, but probably stolen from another application. The photo was lit from below to reduce shadow. The reason why I suspect it was stolen is because it is professionally lit. It is a studio picture lit from several different angles.

The shadows suggest it was lit from above. The glint on the conduit suggests a flash. It was probably taken with a flash mounted several inches above the camera (like wedding photographers use to eliminate red-eye). The lighting also suggests that the flash was metered. (Speedlite) This can be done with an over the counter flash, but you are looking at 500 bucks or better.

It does look staged, anyone could have taken the pic but it was probably shot with a high end camera.

480sparky

The flash is also right over the lens, something low-end point-and-shoot cameras do not have. It was taken with at least a DSLR.

The fact that the shadow of the flash isn't that dark suggests the flash was used to 'fill in'. There could well have been almost enough light to take a decent image, but either the operator or the camera itself decided to use the flash to fill in the dark areas.

Rick Christopherson

The shadows suggest it was lit from above. The glint on the conduit suggests a flash. It was probably taken with a flash mounted several inches above the camera (like wedding photographers use to eliminate red-eye). The lighting also suggests that the flash was metered. (Speedlite) This can be done with an over the counter flash, but you are looking at 500 bucks or better.

It does look staged, anyone could have taken the pic but it was probably shot with a high end camera.
No, the lack of shadows indicates that it was lit from many directions. The primary light is coming from below, but either it is using a gel or is a halogen light. There is a moderate light source (possibly external flash attachment) just above and to the right of the lens (yes, the glint on conduit, but also the only shadow that exists). It is also lit with a diffused light from the far right, and I suspect also from the far left, probably from a soft box or a bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.