New building slab

Status
Not open for further replies.

dduffee260

Ok we have slab done. A total of 18,000 sq ft. As I mentioned before this will be a new shop, office and training facility. I will try to send pics as the building goes up. We are also working on the webcam, give my IT guy time please.

ohmhead

Ok we have slab done. A total of 18,000 sq ft. As I mentioned before this will be a new shop, office and training facility. I will try to send pics as the building goes up. We are also working on the webcam, give my IT guy time please.

Well nice looking slab is this your shop ?

They always say things are bigg in texas good luck with your new shop in the new year .

Is it going to be a steel structure or what ?

dduffee260

Well nice looking slab is this your shop ?

They always say things are bigg in texas good luck with your new shop in the new year .

Is it going to be a steel structure or what ?

Yes it is our shop. 18,000 sq ft on the first level and 7000 sq ft foot of mezzanine storage on the second level. It will be a metal panel type structure with a parapet wall on the front. Let me see if I can find another pic so maybe you can get an idea of what the front will look like.

cadpoint

Are you going to take a picture or two a day ? Like at 11 and 2 PM... and make a movie ?

You might also think of camera location to permemant placement, run ten feet of ridge out of ground to protect your service and security!

Were's the power riser in the picture? 1st 1/3 from the left or the two condu's on edge of slab in the back?

dduffee260

Are you going to take a picture or two a day ? Like at 11 and 2 PM... and make a movie ?

You might also think of camera location to permemant placement, run ten feet of ridge out of ground to protect your service and security!

Were's the power riser in the picture? 1st 1/3 from the left or the two condu's on edge of slab in the back?

Sorry I had to go get my Christmas shopping done for next year. There are only 365 more shopping days until next Christmas after all, you can never get too early a start.

We will have a complete CCTV system installed when the building is up, we will have some internal cameras after the frame is up. I am going to ask the IT guy can we set it up to take 3 or 4 frames a day and place the data on a server so we can make a time frame movie.

XFMR and CT enclosure are outside to the left. We have a 120/208 3 phase 400 amp service. There will be a MDP and 3 other sub panels in the building. Also we will have a generator for the office area.

I am have a pdf file of the front but it is too large to put in this forum. Any ideas on how to make a pdf file smaller?

dduffee260

Where is your CEE? :grin:

Dennis, I do not run the electrical educational part, that is actually my wife's part. Her business is Watt2Learn. She is very close to getting all her requirements together.

The educational part will be open for all aspects of education with all forms of construction. We plan on having electrical, business, construction, bonding, project management, safety, legal and any other kind of education that we can have in it.

We are going to contact Mike Holt for input and what ever else they are willing to help us with. Wish us luck.

dduffee260

Pierre, we have 5ft x 2ft piers under the beams. The office area up front has plastic. The shop area does not. Reason for that is the offices will have floor covering. The shop will not. The footings are 18"x 18" on the sides and the back. The front footing is 18" x 24" with 6 piers in front for the parapet wall.

I was pretty picky on the saw cutting and requested that the cuts be what I wanted. The concrete contractor agreed and did a good job.

I think in all there is 450 yards of concrete in the footings, piers and slab. Shop part is 6" and office part is 4" with spot footings and piers where the load bearing portion of the walls are for the trusses under the mezzanine.

I have been around countless buildings with dozens of concrete contractors. i have been around excellent and horrible concrete pours. I have learned what made the pour bad and tried to make sure that did not happen here. I think the concrete turned out ok, not flawless but not real far from it. It will be easily functional for what we need. Total costs of concrete slab was $57,000. Not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.