Main Disco Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

What 2 major issues do you see here?

Take a close look.

IMG_5838.JPG

jwjrw

#4 bare needs its own lug, enclosure needs to be bonded, depending on what you are feeding it could need to be a 4 wire on the load side.

ivsenroute

All of your posts have no insight as to what YOU think the NEC violations are.
Are we to do your homework for you?

List what YOU think the violations are.

That ship has already sailed my friend. These are old photos from 2009 that were already properly cited and corrected by the ECs. Since you already have a bullseye on my back I will respond.

When I look at my photos, it helps to remind me of the requirements and of the code sections that apply. I want to share these with others who can also hopefully be reminded and/or learn. As you can tell by the replies, not everyone is a walking encylopedia of code references and we all need to pull the book out.

I learn something new every single day, spend thousands of dollars each year on continuing education and appreciate the posts of others when it requires me to open up one of the code books and find an answer.

It is the only way we are going to elevate this industry into a profession.

As you can tell by the photos, many out there still need some help.

DARUSA

That ship has already sailed my friend. These are old photos from 2009 that were already properly cited and corrected by the ECs. Since you already have a bullseye on my back I will respond.

When I look at my photos, it helps to remind me of the requirements and of the code sections that apply. I want to share these with others who can also hopefully be reminded and/or learn. As you can tell by the replies, not everyone is a walking encylopedia of code references and we all need to pull the book out.

I learn something new every single day, spend thousands of dollars each year on continuing education and appreciate the posts of others when it requires me to open up one of the code books and find an answer.

It is the only way we are going to elevate this industry into a profession.

As a new electrician ,I appreciate your post. Thanks

ty

Maybe so.

But, if you look at that little date in the upper right hand corner of my name (where it says 'join date'), you will see that I am not new to this Forum. And that date is only reflected upon the time it was changed from the 'old forum format' to the 'new one'. I have been a member of this Forum since we used to use e-mail addresses as a member name. I've had different forum names. look me up.

It has NEVER been customary for someone to just post a bunch of pics, and play 'look at this bad job' without the Original Poster being required (as a forum ettiquite) to be the first to give reason as to what he or she thinks is the violation(s).

-Todd
aka ty
aka luke warmwater
aka skinskin
aka todd
aka skinskin@att.net (old in mail not in use)

Last edited:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
As for me, I think the old adage "a picture is worth a thousand words" might be applicable here. I find Ivsenroute's post here tonight to be informative and most probably educational to poster without a lot of field experience.
I've read enough of his post to realize this is not his first rodeo, and, even though I'd hate to see a "steady diet" of such posts, I think the outcome tonight is positive.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
What kind of 4 wire cable is that? SER doesn't have that kind of concentric bare conductor, at least the kind I buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.