How many RG6 in 3" EMT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Thanks for all the answers. We only need 20 but the bldg. engineer seems to think that will be a problem. I don't know what he based it on but it didn't seem like it would be a problem. I guess I'll bring him a 3" 90 and 20 cables and let him play with it.

Thanks again for all the input.

His calcs also take into consideration the force on the cable. Excessive force can cause center conductor migration or outer conductor compaction, both of which will change the impedance of the cable at that point. These 'impedance bumps' are what the engineers attempt to prevent when planning the runs.

If you have never pulled coax before, take some time to learn how it is supposed to be done. Do NOT use the center conductor as a strength member. Just because the coax goes in does not mean it is correct. A geek with a TDR may find that one cable is bad and has to be replaced. With that being said, it is always wise to pull an extra run or two in, just in case one or two got pinched in a 90 or something.

macmikeman

Because it sounds like an episode of CHiP's waiting to happen on the freeway - and I wouldn't want to star as the guy behind you. ;)

Notches in the top horizontal wood slat of the side rail that is held in place bolted to a vertical metal beam support. Trailer used exclusively in the immediate vicinity of the airport, mostly on the controlled side where you go over 15 mph and the ramp control guys in the tower bust you for speeding. On the public side, cops all over the place and you go more than 15 mph and same story. It was pretty darn safe the way we handled things. :cool:

e57

Notches in the top horizontal wood slat of the side rail that is held in place bolted to a vertical metal beam support. Trailer used exclusively in the immediate vicinity of the airport, mostly on the controlled side where you go over 15 mph and the ramp control guys in the tower bust you for speeding. On the public side, cops all over the place and you go more than 15 mph and same story. It was pretty darn safe the way we handled things. :cool:
I'm sure you know that without stating - many would think any vehical would be driving public roads and freeways at speed. And modifications of supports for devices to contain cargo would lead to a hazard in one way or another. I'm sure many of us have either heard or been part of those radio traffic reports reporting construction tools or debris on the freeway.... ;) Every other morning I hear of a ladder, lumber or trailer in lane 3-4 of one road or another....

Status
Not open for further replies.