wiring for outdoor kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodneee

i am looking at plans for a backyard outdoor kitchen to be custom built of stone, stucco,and mortar. it is totally open on a patio with no roof. the design looks like everything will get wet at sometime whether due to direct exposure or seepage through future settlement cracks. i am worried about future corrosion. what are the best boxes, connectors, etc you would suggest?

rodneee

Where is this kitchen located? Why would you consider building a kitchen with no roof ?

(ques #1 ) the kitchen is on a brick patio....(ques #2 ) the only thing i can think of is that they cook stuff that would otherwise stink up the house...

mtfallsmikey

I built an outdoor kitchen in '92 at my house (before HGTV!)...originally started as an elevated playhouse, built it underneath, have expaneded it since, all of it is screened in...electrically, everything is GFI protected, used PVC conduit/boxes, etc., no major corrosion problems to date. I have a fridge, kitchen sink, microwave,water, 120v. 6-gal. water heater, one gas grill, gas griddle, smoker, and a gas outdoor deep fryer. It also works out great as a base for canning veggies, which we do a lot of.....;almost forgot the outdoor shower too.

Status
Not open for further replies.