sds ground rod driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
They're not brand-specific. Hilti stores have them, as do most industrial supply stores.

Try eBay. Maybe search: "SDS-max rod driver" or whatever your Bosch uses.

You do have to match the shank type. Mine are SDS-Max.

Last edited:

Article 90.1

Do they make a ground rod driver for SDS, I didn't think they did? I've seen the drivers for SDS+ and Spline Drive ground rod drivers for sale at out local equipment rental companies though.

MarkyMarkNC

Cheapskates guide to ground rod drivers - Take an old, dull chisel bit and grind it flat, then weld a thick piece of pipe around the end of it. :D

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Boy, the title of this thread threw me off, thought I was going to have to go out and get a new tool for driving rods at seperately dirived systems. To bad, I love new tools.

Greg1707

Occupation
Business owner Electrical contractor
sds plus vs sds max

sds plus vs sds max

Okay, Thanks for the information but I have a Bosch Rotary Hammer SDS Plus. So, will a SDS max work? What is the difference?

cadpoint

Okay, Thanks for the information but I have a Bosch Rotary Hammer SDS Plus. So, will a SDS max work? What is the difference?

See the fifth thread.

I just beleive it's a trade name or a marketing "pitch-word", power/MAX that's it...

Think of SDS as a size of the chuck, any SDS is usuable.

"Spline" is the same thing its a one size a different size that will fit most brand spline tools.

Quiz whoever you might buy from, and ask about the return policy!

Best if you could get in there with an SDS bit and compare to any of the supply house, stores, etc.

I beleive you'll be fine, elbow grease is on you... :D

boltneck

the SDS MAX is too big to fit your SDS PLUS

I also have a Bosch rotary hammer SDS PLUS

I bought a SDS MAX rod driver at Hilti for around 60 bucks

when i use it i rent a big rotary hammer

PetrosA

There was a company selling the SDS+ (small shank) on ebay for a while, but I haven't seen them lately. I had one welded for my Hilti TE-15C out of a cheap DeWalt chisel bit but honestly, a hammer that small can really only drive a rod into mud. Don't waste the time or money in making one for SDS+ unless you drive in really soft ground.

480sparky

For no more impact than most SDS whammer drills put out, most people I know just weld a used impact socket onto a cut-off drill bit they were going to pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.