Weds spot the violations pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxslick

Found this on a shopping trip today..all I can say is Yikes!!
attachment.php

A closer look:
attachment.php

Anyone want to take bets on what would happen if someone tried to pull those main fuse blocks? :roll:

This is all out doors, exposed to weather and there is a parking space right next to it, literally within a foot.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
It looks as though this was inside a closet or some sheltered space judging on the lack of paint, so it may not have originally been a violation as far as W/P equipment not being used.

Roger

cowboyjwc

Staff member
It looks as though this was inside a closet or some sheltered space judging on the lack of paint, so it may not have originally been a violation as far as W/P equipment not being used.

Roger

That's a good point. Looks like there could have been a closet there at one time. If you look to the sides you can see holes where it looks like a 2x4 may have been attached.

Still you think someone would figure out that it needs to be covered.:roll:

mxslick

I'll hold the camera for you. (Have a telephoto lens?)

Hey, I once touched a live 12kV lug in a padmount switch, don't think 208 is gonna scare me. :grin:

I'll bring my video camera so I can become famous on Youtube. :)

Seriously though, the biggest concern to me is that this is WAY accessable by the public and all the bad parts are at kid-friendly heights, right by a store that sees a lot of kid traffic.

As for the closet theory Roger pointed out..I'd say maybe....this is attached to the side of a small shed in a parking lot in an alley, I guess it could have had at least a doghouse around it, but like I said in the opening post there is a parking space right next to it, well within a foot.

No matter what, it is really bad.

mxslick

And what's worse is that it would be incredibly easy for someone backing out of that space to swing and slam that gear hard with their bumper, which would result in some fireworks for sure.

So protection from physical damage is one HUGE write-up for this...can anyone name some of the others?

e57

This is all out doors, exposed to weather and there is a parking space right next to it, literally within a foot.
100% sure that was compliant when it was installed... And IMO that hasn't changed - what changed is the location - at one time it was indoors - now it's outdoors - it could go back... But I still would think twice about working on it - too...

marti smith

And what's worse is that it would be incredibly easy for someone backing out of that space to swing and slam that gear hard with their bumper, which would result in some fireworks for sure.

So protection from physical damage is one HUGE write-up for this...can anyone name some of the others?

Is there enough space?

My thoughts are not only about fireworks, but children in the back seat being burned/maimed/killed. One would think it worth the time if in the area, to get the design engineer of the POCO together with the AHJ and head in the direction of safeguarding property and persons.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
On behalf of the late, great mxslick, I gladly accept this Darwin Award from the fine folks at the Mike Holt's Code Forum Academy. :grin:

As mx himself would say if he were here, "Stupid IS indeed painful.":grin:

Have a great weekend everyone!!

And did you ever notice that the second time doesn't hurt any less?:D

Have a good one yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.