Please comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta

Romex not rated for wet location?

Nope, not even damp, unless it is the elusive NMC type. So the space from the building wall to the box, though small, is outside. So that section and the connector are in violation. Even if enveloped in duct seal or silicone.

If building finish was used to connect the box to the brick (by mortar), one might make a case that the NM assembly does not exist outside of the building. Probably not me, though.

iwire

Staff member
How do you keep the cable from unraveling? Silver solder? Small crimp ferrule?

It unravels, it really does not seem to matter.

It does beat the heck out of the machine, it gets out of balance and seems to take more HP to get up to speed.

What do you use, 1/16"?

Probably, but it was not like I went and bought it. It was more like what do I have hanging around that might possibly work. :)

mcclary's electrical

Nope, not even damp, unless it is the elusive NMC type. So the space from the building wall to the box, though small, is outside. So that section and the connector are in violation. Even if enveloped in duct seal or silicone.

If building finish was used to connect the box to the brick (by mortar), one might make a case that the NM assembly does not exist outside of the building. Probably not me, though.

Is that an opinion or a fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.