• GE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I had a Kohler 30 KW water cooled propane w/watercooled turbocharged 1800RPM engine, Ran great and very quiet until the muffler rusted out at top of the enclosure filling the engine with water ( I did not have it on an exerciser, so I would manually crank it once a month or so) I pulled it to eventually rebuild it, but have a 12 KW Generac in its place right now, Much louder, but for the money, it's ok. I wouldn't back up a data center or any other critical load with a Generac though. I've installed Kohler and Onan residental units and they are much quieter, with the Kohler much higher in cost, and the Onan's slightly more than the Generacs.

resistance

I had a Kohler 30 KW water cooled propane w/watercooled turbocharged 1800RPM engine, Ran great and very quiet until the muffler rusted out at top of the enclosure filling the engine with water ( I did not have it on an exerciser, so I would manually crank it once a month or so) I pulled it to eventually rebuild it, but have a 12 KW Generac in its place right now, Much louder, but for the money, it's ok. I wouldn't back up a data center or any other critical load with a Generac though. I've installed Kohler and Onan residental units and they are much quieter, with the Kohler much higher in cost, and the Onan's slightly more than the Generacs.
That's good info---seeing that I'm currently working on an estimate to do a generator install. It seem Kohler, and onans are a lot more expensive than the so-called cheapo Generac.

Status
Not open for further replies.