Basement Rough, Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

OK. It will NOT start a fire.

Just a fun jab here: I would have installed the wire coming from the right over the on on the left. ;)

It also looks like you overcube your boxes, I never install 18 CU IN boxes.

Are both of the EGCs 6" long?

Stapled is stapled. I don't really try to get anal about stuff that will never show.

EGC are 8", everything is folded up in the box.

480sparky

I like the way he marks the floor so he can easily find a box if the rockers cover it.

Darn good idea.

That's why the floor is clean. I'm the last mechanical trade on-site, so I generally to a quick sweep.

I mark all my boxes if the floor is going to get covered. Makes for far less buried boxes. Receps down low get a line.

DSC05842a.jpg

Switches & c-top receps get an "S":

DSC05841a.jpg

Anything up high on the wall, like a sconce light, gets an arrow​

DSC05843a.jpg

Ceiling fans, lights, cans, fart fans, smokes, etc get a circle under them:

DSC05849a.jpg

Most rockers pick up pretty quick on the system, are miss very little of my stuff. I'll try to stop by after the rock is hung, but before it's mudded, to make a quick walk-through to check all my marks. If anything is still buried, that's the time to dig it out.

It only takes about $3 of paint and 5 minutes to walk a house and mark it all out. Cheap insurance.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Stapled is stapled. I don't really try to get anal about stuff that will never show.

EGC are 8", everything is folded up in the box.

The only reason that I hit you on the wires was because you are concerned about the liabilty issue.

You might call that workmanlike someone else may not.

I see no problem with the installation but attorneys are sneeky and could make your installation 'appear' like it is less than workmanlike.

480sparky

The only reason that I hit you on the wires was because you are concerned about the liabilty issue.

I see no problem with the installation but attorneys are sneeky and could make your installation 'appear' like it is less than workmanlike.

Why do I need to worry about it? It's not going to start a fire! :roll:

nhfire77

I mean no offense but that sounds like paranoia. If I had to worry about every little detail that a lawyer could pick apart, I wouldn't have enough time to finish a job.

IMO, the pic is fine. Does anyone else think that it could be misconstrued as not?

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
I mean no offense but that sounds like paranoia. If I had to worry about every little detail that a lawyer could pick apart, I wouldn't have enough time to finish a job.

IMO, the pic is fine. Does anyone else think that it could be misconstrued as not?

We are arguing a point not his installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.