Can you spot the code violation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strife

Ok, you got a green wire next to the white, then all the grounds connected together with the grounded conductors.
Now this might be too obvious, but is it this is not the place where the grounding and grounded should be bonded?

Got a red tag on this service change... can you see it?

suemarkp

Occupation
Retired Engineer
Improper phasing -- one of the red wires doesn't match the same leg as the others. But I don't think that is a code violation.

hurk27

The only thing I might be seeing is a EGC landed in the same terminal with a grounded conductor on the right side neutral bar 408.41

but with the image quality its hard to see if thats what I'm seeing:confused:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Since the photo quality is low I would only make one guess that the EI didn't like the conductors bundled together with the cable ties. IMO not a violation due to 310.15(A)(2)Ex.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I will say that you did a beautiful job on this panel. Nice work. I can only guess the problem is the number of grounds that are under one screw. It looks as if there may be 3 or more EGC under one screw.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
No deox?
The grounds from branch are under one screw?
I got it NO Cover!!!

Last edited:
Moderator Rob gets the christmas turkey. Even though the EI couldnt quote me a code article on bundling the branch conductors together with ty raps... he said it was his personal preference that these conductors be cut free to stay cool. I in turn said that if a Square D breaker doesn't catch something before the insulation on the conductors turns to molten plastic... Square D needs to work on their gear.

I have done countless panel make ups in my day and never had an inspector come at me with "Personal Preference" I called BS and his supervisor. If you could look at it now, nothing has changed... I won the battle, but stay tuned for news on the war... next time I see this inspector I will most likely get a prostate exam gratis!!!

Fight the good fight, go down in flames... and if you have to take an reject inspector with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.