new name for electrical company

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Hello Again,
Thanks to all for your input this far and I didn't expect to get this much response. I like Power Saver and Watts Electric I've considered using before as my toll free number is 1-888-WATTS 4 U. I really like Tight Watt but it might be to cutesy. I can't afford $5000,00 but I will double the offer if you come up with a slogan/logo to go with it so please keep them coming and I really appreciate the help...Jerry

Simply put, folks like the personal touch, and they need to know what it is that you offer. Some success stories include Men's Wearhouse ("I Guarantee It!") and Olga Bras (There really is an Olga- and I'm her!). (Quoted by renosteinke)
renosteinke> I moved to LA in 1998 but I grew up in the Reno/Sparks area, any snow yet??

I also Thought of just using my initials as in "GWB Electrical Services but want to try and get energy savings incorporated with it somewhere...

Me too. My mom and brother just came down from Truckee and said they got a little bit of snow up there.

dhalleron

I got my EC license and insurance this year for some part time work I wanted to do. I have a full time job doing something else. Anyway I couldn't find a name that I liked so I just went with my name for now.

I thought about also doing some fire alarm work since I did that a lot it the past. Someone suggested I go with “Dale’s Electric and Alarm” or DEA. I passed on that one.

Good luck with your name search, I’m not good at that sort of thing.

sd4524

i didn't read whole thread so I don't know if this has been suggested. Go with your town, city, county, or nickname of the area you will cover.
I never like the idea of going with your own name. If people see "Bobs Electric" they are more apt to try and negotiate prices down thinking that "Bob" can get them a deal. Also if "Bob" doesn't show up to the job, the customer will be thinking "where's Bob, I want Bob here." Naming the company after yourself seams to make the owner take the company a little too personal in my opinion.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
i didn't read whole thread so I don't know if this has been suggested. Go with your town, city, county, or nickname of the area you will cover.
I never like the idea of going with your own name. If people see "Bobs Electric" they are more apt to try and negotiate prices down thinking that "Bob" can get them a deal. Also if "Bob" doesn't show up to the job, the customer will be thinking "where's Bob, I want Bob here." Naming the company after yourself seams to make the owner take the company a little too personal in my opinion.
Exactly my opinion in naming businesses. The 2 profit centers I named in the 90's both the name of the town, I felt it would appeal to the locals.

Company Name

Company Name

Had been in buisnes for over 30 years used: "( my last name) Electric Inc"

Stood behind my buisness, found it OK whever I went to work.

Retired at 65 YOA and still getting phone calls @home

goodwill

You can have my idea..."Connects Electric" or "Connect Electric". "We connect your wires and we connect with you!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Electron_Sam78

When I was doing contracting I used "SI Electric". Those are my initials but I also live and work in Southern Illinois so I got double the bang for my buck! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.