Sizing of Supply Side bonding jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshields

Just reviewing 2011 code changes, specifically 250.102(C) which has to do with the sizing of the Supply side bonding jumper. Here's my question. If your comming off, say a 45kVA delta wye transformer, the ground conductor to your 208V panel is now referred to as a "supply side bonding jumper" correct. And the size of that conductor is to be based on 250.66.

Was this cable size, prior to this change, based on Table 250-122.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Just reviewing 2011 code changes, specifically 250.102(C) which has to do with the sizing of the Supply side bonding jumper. Here's my question. If your comming off, say a 45kVA delta wye transformer, the ground conductor to your 208V panel is now referred to as a "supply side bonding jumper" correct. And the size of that conductor is to be based on 250.66.

No. The name was changed (to protect the innocent :))) but otherwise remains the same.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician

I think Mike Holt has a video about this on here and on YouTube.

mshields

Is it a supply side bonding jumper regardless of where you bond?

Is it a supply side bonding jumper regardless of where you bond?

While bonding usually occurs at the transformer for a Separately Derived Systems, you can can bond at the secondary panel. Does this impact the role of this conductor and therefore what you call it and therefore how you size it?

cripple

Sizing of Supply Side bonding jumper

2008 250.30(A)(2) equipment bonding jumper was changed in the 2011 was changed to supply side bonding jumper, but sizing requirement remained the same.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
While bonding usually occurs at the transformer for a Separately Derived Systems, you can can bond at the secondary panel. Does this impact the role of this conductor and therefore what you call it and therefore how you size it?
Under 2008 and earlier, it was somewhat confusing as to what to call and size this grounding conductor. Under 2011 it is called the SSBJ regardless of where the GES or its GEC's are connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.