3 Phase and single phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leenidas

Hi guys,

little about me first, am not license electrician, But i do know my way around single phase like adding lights, switches (3 way too), outlets, fuses and so on. I only play around with my stuff!!

anyhow I just bought Auto Garage, and a moblie home on 7 areas. I asked about the ele bill and was told.....

The Garage haves 3 phase and moblie home single phase. It the summer the ele bill is only $30 to $50. But in the winter time when the moblie home uses it electric furnace. The bill is like $900 a month.

So i check out the wiring and found out they hook the moblie home right in the gasages 3 phase box, using load 1 load 2 and ground only. load 3 not in use at all. Plus the garage lights and outlets hook up the same way.

Now question.. Is that right? am thinking NOT!!! Does 3 phase needs to be balance to use efficiency. Can anyone tell me the right way for this kind of set up?

I want to use the advantages of 3 phases. By the way There NO POWER AT ALL. I have not call in yet to have it turn on. Am planning to update the wire, outlets, switches and so on... first. Then call in a license electrician to check it all out. Trying to keep the cost down.

as for power am using my 6000watts generator connected to the 240 panel.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.