NEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I have the NEC 2008. Is there something like " NEC for dummies" lol...that would help me learning the NEC? THanks.

I'm thinking MH "Understanding the NEC".??? Thanks.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
IMO you cannot go wrong with Mike's stuff. I own several of his books. By supporting Mike you indirectly support this code forum which is good for all of us. :thumbsup:

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I really like the "Analysis of Changes" if you're just trying to learn the new stuff. The way I learned it was just to dig through it. The NEC Handbook or the McGraw-Hill books are a good source too.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I'm thinking MH "Understanding the NEC".???
That would be your best bet. You can get volumes I & II together (books only) for around a 100 bucks. They have really outdone themselves this year. If you've got the coin, the videos are good and add a lot to it, but that kicks the price up to $569.

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
That would be your best bet. You can get volumes I & II together (books only) for around a 100 bucks. They have really outdone themselves this year. If you've got the coin, the videos are good and add a lot to it, but that kicks the price up to $569.

Yes the DVDs are outstanding and add so much to the book.
I've got them and watched them several times. I highly recommend them!
Go for it "Understanding the NEC".:thumbsup:

renosteinke

Just for giggles, I checked Amazon....

Amazing. There's "Solar Power for Dummies," "Wind Power for Dummies," and "Electronics for Dummies." There are also "Idiot's Guides" for those topics. Yet, there is no 'electrical work' or 'NEC' for either.

I see a publishing opportunity ...

I just did a job with my nephew- who is a jokester. The woman who hired us says "good morning are you guys ready to do my service today?- to which my nephew replies " oh yeah, we just picked up 'electrical work for dummies' at H depot! Without missing a beat the woman says " oh I could have saved you a trip, I got that book"! I got a good laugh out of the two of them.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I just did a job with my nephew- who is a jokester. The woman who hired us says "good morning are you guys ready to do my service today?- to which my nephew replies " oh yeah, we just picked up 'electrical work for dummies' at H depot! Without missing a beat the woman says " oh I could have saved you a trip, I got that book"! I got a good laugh out of the two of them.

Lmao...

knoppdude

I agree about the Mikes Understanding the NEC, and they are not for dummies, but for people who want to understand more about the NEC. I and probably many more are like you, and don't fully understand everything there is to know about the NEC, but these volumnes are worth buying, as they are written to help you understand the most common code rules. Good luck.

handy10

XXXXX for Dummies

XXXXX for Dummies

There is something insulting about the title of this series of books. Even though some of them seem to be well written, I don't like to own them. Go with Understanding the NEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.