quick budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

landy727

Was asked this afternoon by a friend for a "wont hold you to your number" budget that he needs by tomorrow. This is for an assisted living center new buildout and partial renovation in the eastern ma area. Any suggestions for how to calculate a quick budget without a proper estimate. I don't want to be so high that I scare him or be so low that I mislead him either.:dunce:

iMuse97

get yourself an idea of load requirements per room; multiply that. Add various common area requirements (exit lights, fire alarm, or etc, as needed), come up with a good sense for the service increase, expansion, or whatever that will be needed. Make a bid.

What's the renovation? Make a separate number for that.

The problem is: if he needs a number by tomorrow, it seems he hasn't done his homework, so how could he expect you to?

davidhuck1

Was asked this afternoon by a friend for a "wont hold you to your number" budget that he needs by tomorrow. This is for an assisted living center new buildout and partial renovation in the eastern ma area. Any suggestions for how to calculate a quick budget without a proper estimate. I don't want to be so high that I scare him or be so low that I mislead him either.:dunce:

Do you have any other information, other than "assisted living center" (square footage, drawings, how many rooms, etc)?

cadpoint

No, no, and no, Last minutes bids are just that, either hopeless or in vain.

There's no reason to waste your time QA'n or Disquailfing their mistake's or quailification
that make them look better!

CopperTone

Get out your dart board. Are you kidding me? Just say no. Unless you have done this same type and size of renovation before - how could you ever guess? the familiar sounds of how many lights, outlets, switches, fire alarm, etc , etc, etc .

Dont waste your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.