Jumper on Main Breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Ok after taking one more look I found the 15th grounded conductor, it is hid behind the second black circuit conductor on the left, if you look very close you will see it turn in line with it, so it runs right behind it to the neutral bar.

Myth busted

I think your mind is playing tricks on you. I've blown it up and recounted several times and still only see 13. You can see all but 1 of the copper ends sticking through the bar.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Why are there 2 large blacks terminated to the neutral buss, there should be 1. How are the transformer secondarys grounded? And yes I only see 13 neutrals as well.

hurk27

I think your mind is playing tricks on you. I've blown it up and recounted several times and still only see 13. You can see all but 1 of the copper ends sticking through the bar.

If you look at the neutral bar you will see that there are 3 small terminals between each large terminal, now if you look at the top and look closely right where the neutrals exit the bundle you will see 4 white neutrals turning toward the neutral bar, one turns under the black circuit conductor with a wire marker on it, the other two land next to it and one goes down to the next set of three small terminals so there is the first 3.

The next set of 3 are clear with the top one almost under the red wire but visible.

The next set of 3 are clear also but the top one is almost all the way under the black conductor, but can be seen poking out of the other side of the neutral bar.

the next set of three is a little harder to see the top one that looks gray buy might be just shadowing,it runs under the blue wire and you cant see where it terminates but you can only see 2 of the 3 small terminals because the top one is under the blue wire.

the next 3 small terminals only have one in the top one.

and the next set has two in the bottom two terminals.

that is 15 neutrals:)

hurk27

Why are there 2 large blacks terminated to the neutral buss, there should be 1. How are the transformer secondarys grounded? And yes I only see 13 neutrals as well.

I thought about that also, the bottom one looks to be the same size as the feeder hot, so I would say that is the neutral, but the other two would only make sence if they went to bonding bushings which the one on the neutral bar would be a violation, or worse case is it runs from the neutral bar to the grounding bar to bond the neutral bar which would also be a violation.

Unless they are using the panel as the bonding point for the neutral?

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
My count of grounded conductors did not include the larger conductors at the bottom. It was assumed they were not branch circuit conductors as this was the topic of conversation. If you were to compare grounded to ungrounded and include them you would have to include the feeder in the ungrounded count also.

I was assuming the second larger black conductor on the grounded bus was either a GEC or bonding jumper as there appears to be same size and color on the EGC bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.