Aluminum wiring was burnt behind the wall. I am looking to replace this to code

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Way too many possibilities with the little information that was given.

Most will probably agree - the easier it is to replace with copper the better that option is.

kwired

Electron manager
I'm missing it. (Haven't read the rules in a while)
Is there some kind of aluminum vs copper argument taboo?

Just looked through rules and sticky posts .. only three taboo subjects mentioned aluminum vs copper not one of them. Did notice many things that are discouraged but seem to be tolerated as long as it doesn't get too bad - which I have no problem with - be professionals - things happen.

resistance

Just sounds like a DIY question. They will normally close a thread if it sounds like an OP is heading in that direction. I have to agree, we as electricians should know certain things (excluding an electrical apprentice or helper), but we aren?t going to know everything?seeing that some or most of us spend little to know time doing specific installations. Example: Most residential electricians do not install ATS?s, Solar power, or 3 phase. So, an electrician who doesn?t spend a lot of time installing specific equipment or appliances will need to ask questions.

hurk27

Just sounds like a DIY question. They will normally close a thread if it sounds like an OP is heading in that direction. I have to agree, we as electricians should know certain things (excluding an electrical apprentice or helper), but we aren?t going to know everything?seeing that some or most of us spend little to know time doing specific installations. Example: Most residential electricians do not install ATS?s, Solar power, or 3 phase. So, an electrician who doesn?t spend a lot of time installing specific equipment or appliances will need to ask questions.

And on that note I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.