Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
We will not do your home work for you, tell us what you think and how you arived at your conclusion, then we will help you.

Roger

ritelec

Just to add mrome4646........ ??? is that for a 1600 amp? The next size higher breaker than the conductor is rated for will not apply and you may be required to run 600's.

ritelec

It may or may not be counted (derating or rather ampacity adjustment...)............but it's still a current carrying conductor.

Favorite Beatle? Gonna guess Lennon.

ritelec

yeah 240.4 (B) and(C). (I'm "ass"uming the 4 sets off 500mcm are to feed 1600 amp gear..............if 1200 amp 500's are good)

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
It may or may not be counted (derating or rather ampacity adjustment...)............but it's still a current carrying conductor.

Favorite Beatle? Gonna guess Lennon.

If that is the response the test is looking for then the test stinks. The neutral is not always a CCC according to the NEC-- I don't think that is the answer they are looking for but who knows.

ritelec

If that is the response the test is looking for then the test stinks. The neutral is not always a CCC according to the NEC-- I don't think that is the answer they are looking for but who knows.

It doesn't matter here or there I get your point, AND with "Much Respect"..........but does it say it's not a current carrying conductor? Or does it say, not counted as a current carrying conductor?

Was always partial to Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.