Receptacle Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if you could install plugmold on the bottom of the kitchen uppper cabinets which is less than 20 inches from the lower cabinet? So the plugmold would be facing down towards the bottom cabinets. Would that meet the NEC requirement for receptacle location in the kitchen above cabinets? If not, do you have a code reference for this?

John120/240

I was wondering if you could install plugmold on the bottom of the kitchen uppper cabinets which is less than 20 inches from the lower cabinet? So the plugmold would be facing down towards the bottom cabinets. Would that meet the NEC requirement for receptacle location in the kitchen above cabinets? If not, do you have a code reference for this?

Yes it is fine. Quite common in high end homes. Locate your GFCI's protecting the plugmold

in the pantry or some other out of the way location.

John120/240

HO's love them in the pantry, they use them for their cordless appliances that need recharged

So no one can find it.......

Yes it is fine. Quite common in high end homes. Locate your GFCI's protecting the plugmold

in the pantry or some other out of the way location.

I would rather have the GFCI some where near the kitchen than have to go to the basement

to reset a breaker. As Gac66610 says HO like them for other uses as well.

the blur

now, I put all GFI's in the panel..... no matter what.

How many calls do you get where the HO says, "all the breakers are on, but the outlet is dead". and I feel bad charging for a service call to push a reset button hidden in some obsure location. And I get plenty of them chrismas time when the outdoor outlets don't work, and the GFI is buried in the garage behind a junk pile.

sure, go ahead and keep the outlet in the pantry. But I have no problem selling GFI breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.