Useful Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Sometimes have to be creative when no one sells what you need. I needed a 3/4 PVC C. No one had it. I bought a T and used a 1/2" end cap to seal off the unused part. Fits perfectly.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
In a pinch a tee works when you need a cee. But what do you do when you need a LL instead of a LB? :cry:

I saw a fitting at Home Depot that you could assemble as an LL, LR, T, C,LB, etc. It was made of metal, zinc, (I think). I thought it was made by Arlington but I couldn't find on their site. Same at the HD site. It may be a thing of the past, but it was pretty cool.

kwired

Electron manager
I saw a fitting at Home Depot that you could assemble as an LL, LR, T, C,LB, etc. It was made of metal, zinc, (I think). I thought it was made by Arlington but I couldn't find on their site. Same at the HD site. It may be a thing of the past, but it was pretty cool.

Arlington calls it an "anybody". I think they have a non metallic version also.

I have done same thing with PVC "FS" boxes. Mostly make sure 3/4 FSC boxes are stocked - in a pinch you can always install reducers to make them 1/2 inch boxes and plugs to make them FSE boxes.

GUNNING

Challenge

Challenge

I used to work for the local school board. They would not buy what you needed and you had to scrounge, alot. I would be using 1inch LB's on 1/2 in emt runs with threaded bushings and 200 amp disconects for 20 amp circuits. etc. It was like a game. What did they have left over and how could I use it.

Sounds familliar

Sounds familliar

It was like a game. What did they have left over and how could I use it.[/QUOTE]

Over the last several years, after my father-in-law retired and said "use up whatever you can", I've been slowly but surely rummaging through 4 or 5 garages full of 50 years of somewhat unorganized electrical parts and materials trying to use up what I can. Find alot of obsolete, unusable stuff too.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I used to work for the local school board. They would not buy what you needed and you had to scrounge, alot. I would be using 1inch LB's on 1/2 in emt runs with threaded bushings and 200 amp disconects for 20 amp circuits. etc. It was like a game. What did they have left over and how could I use it.

yep... like having 3 broken flashlights, and KNOWING you can make a working
one out of the parts.... somehow....

nhfire77

I wonder why they are cheaper up north?

The metallic 3/4" anybody is $1.08 more than a standard 3/4" LB. this price is through one of the higher priced suppliers I use. It might be cheaper with other suppliers, it would make sense that the material handling/inventory costs would eventually drive the cost of the anybody below the regular LB, but some old dogs won't learn new tricks. I would gladly pay the difference to not need to stock all the different types in the vans. New installs would get regular LBs, but having the anybody's on hand is great in a pinch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.