How many foot of NM it will take

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
2600 FEET and purchase a Romex Stretcher

With romex stretcher you only need to stock 10AWG and you can always stretch it into 12 or 14 AWG:cool:

I could tell you exactly, but I would have to do a takeoff first.

It amazes me that people think that the "Electrical Contracting and Estimating/Management" section of this forum means free estimating and pricing.
What's even scarier is that the OP is someone's competition.

It is much cheaper than hiring an estimator:happyyes:

renosteinke

"Master Suite, Kitchen and the Garage will be poorly lit "

There's a red flag!

Seems building departments want you to run the design througha DOE program, to certify it meets certain 'energy efficiency' requirements. That is, the government counts your lights, and pushes you toward fewer lights and more fluorescent lights. Looks like your print was made with that in mind.

Net result: as soon as they cet the C of O, the homeowner will start adding lights all over the place. Suddenly you have 20 amps of cans on a 15 amp circuit. Oops.

Watch out for this snake - it will bite you!

rt66electric

more lights, more,lights more lights,

more lights, more,lights more lights,

I agree More lights upsell directly to the home owner. I tend to over-wire more than the bare minimun. I ofter get the calls two years later-- Homeowner "Why did they not add-- morelights,3-way switches, undercabinet lights, recept here, recept there, etc,"
My reply " It would have cost an extra $25 then , now it will cost $600" I would rather have a customer say 'he did a good job, but expensive" , rather than "should have put in this or that in."

7000 ft 12/2 and 500ft 12/3

dual switches for all fan/lights

did anyone put in a conduit for kitchen island etc.
If you are putting in a conduit to island, can your add one for the AC?

A diffucult 18ft ceiling custom house can be made much easiler with UG conduit to stategic locations.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Thank you all for input, I did not design the house, its single floor home with 12 feet ceiling.
I am planning to do the take-off and visit the job site. No I have never work with this builder, I agreed to bid on the job just because I will be dealing directly with homeowner.

??

Again thank you all

if you can deal directly with the homeowner, your best solution is to explain that your price is going
to reflect that you are going to use a LOT more home runs that the plans warrant, so that you can
add lights later that they want.

and they will.

in a house that size, i've put in over 100 can lights. ADDITIONAL can lights.

also, see if you can upsell them on LED lighting. you can add LED can lights till your eyes squint
without loading much of anything up.

satcom

How high are the ceilings, metal studs, wood frame, basement, code cycle, smoke detectors, #12 only, code min or better than?

I used to use 17' per opening back when...homes are bigger now with higher ceilings and more stuff. 25' may not be enough now.

The material is just one part of the total cost process, lost time from schedule problems can cost you a lot more then some cable measure losses, and poor layout planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.