This code allegiance must stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
And I for one am glad you got that off your chest but, I must point out that you really need to look at the CMP members and who they represent. You are correct tha the IBEW and Manufacturers are represented but, there are Engineers and Non-Union representation as well.

Roger
This is a list of the "classes" of NFPA committee members (including Code Making Panels). Not more than 1/3 can be from any class. NFPA has desolved and reformed several unbalanced Technical Committees over the years.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician

renosteinke

Please be nice to Richard. He has a good point.

It's both unfair and unjust to ask Richard the Electrician to follow the rules ... when Richard the Plumber gets a free pass. :D

Please be nice to Richard. He has a good point.

It's both unfair and unjust to ask Richard the Electrician to follow the rules ... when Richard the Plumber gets a free pass. :D

Okay, I better get back to work. Lighting retrofit job in Sisterdale, Texas. Changing T-12 fixtures to T-8. Should save the customer some money on her electric bill.
Never had a callback in six years as an EC, I just don't need a book to tell me how.
Now here's your word for the day:
punctilious.

satcom

Okay, I better get back to work. Lighting retrofit job in Sisterdale, Texas. Changing T-12 fixtures to T-8. Should save the customer some money on her electric bill.
Never had a callback in six years as an EC, I just don't need a book to tell me how.

Yup, the guys that don't need a book never get call backs, it is hard for a customer to call back. after their house burned to the ground. with them in it.

fmtjfw

OK, so how did using ballasts disconnects come to you?

OK, so how did using ballasts disconnects come to you?

Now here's your word for the day:
punctilious.

I find new ways to make safer installations in each new edition of the NEC. Years ago I worked as a computer consultant at a university. I got to see lots of errors others made, kept me from all the exertion of making the mistakes myself, but I benefited from them none the less. So why wouldn't you want to benefit from the safer ways to do things found in the NEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.