HALLWAY 100 AMP PANEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

domnic

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
hallway

hallway

I a single family dwelling if i meet the requirements of 110.26 and 230.70 i can install service disconnect in any part of the dwelling except the bathroom. is this correct ?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Yes but you cannot run the service entrance conductors very far into the structure.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
That would fall under 90.4 ?

Yes because of:

230.70(A)
(1) Readily Accessible Location. The service disconnecting
means shall be installed at a readily accessible location
either outside of a building or structure or inside nearest the
point of entrance of the service conductors.

5' to 6' feet is what seems to be the law of the land.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
It will be best to consult your local POCO as to where they want the service disconnect.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Without asking the proper authority how are going to know the rules?

The AHJ is not there to teach you show or explain to you how to do things. Sorry if that sounds mean. It is about liability. They are not allowed.

Yes they can explain the rules to you but it is your job to know them (the rules) not the AHJ job to help you. Most will help you but that is not why they are there.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
The AHJ is not there to teach you show or explain to you how to do things. Sorry if that sounds mean. It is about liability. They are not allowed.

I didn't say we need to ask them HOW to do things, Please go back and read my original post #9.

Yes they can explain the rules to you but it is your job to know them (the rules) not the AHJ job to help you. Most will help you but that is not why they are there.

Where I am, I have to ask the POCO before I install my service disconnect. (my original post was about that) But, of course, after being in business for a while I know where they like the service disconnects to be. Then again if in doubt I HAVE to consult with them because if i don't and if i assume then i need to redo my installation. In fact technically a POCO representative has to come out before i install my service disconnect. (my original post was referring to service disconnect)

Also, remember in my original post i said POCO i didn't say the inspector.

Besides, you are not being mean. You are just venting your frustration because people ask you how to do installations. At which i would have being frustrated as well if i was an inspector and I went through that everyday.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Where I am, I have to ask the POCO before I install my service disconnect. (my original post was about that) But, of course, after being in business for a while I know where they like the service disconnects to be. Then again if in doubt I HAVE to consult with them because if i don't and if i assume then i need to redo my installation. In fact technically a POCO representative has to come out before i install my service disconnect. (my original post was referring to service disconnect)

Also, remember in my original post i said POCO i didn't say the inspector.

Besides, you are not being mean. You are just venting your frustration because people ask you how to do installations. At which i would have being frustrated as well if i was an inspector and I went through that everyday.

Try being more clear rather than getting upset and yelling.

I'm not frustrated. Sounds like you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.