Dirty power filtering

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdrifter440

Does any one know how to completly filter out all frequencies coming in
from GE smart meters? I have a family member that lives in Florida
she was upgraded to a smart meter a few months ago. She has some suspected
health problems from the RF coming from the meter.

Does any one know what frequencies the GE smart meters put out? hz, khz, mhz?

kdrifter440

Does any one know how a capacitor plugged in would
remove RF frequencies from the hot wire and send
them back on the neutral?

G._S._Ohm

A notch filter tuned to 60 Hz will eliminate all freqs. above and below, but who says 60 Hz is safe?

Good luck in proving a correlation between health problems and smart meters. Good luck in proving a correlation between health problems and almost anything else except smoking and ingesting heavy metals.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Does any one know how to completly filter out all frequencies coming in
from GE smart meters? I have a family member that lives in Florida
she was upgraded to a smart meter a few months ago. She has some suspected
health problems from the RF coming from the meter.

Does any one know what frequencies the GE smart meters put out? hz, khz, mhz?

Let me guess. Her local Stetzerizer dealer is diagnosing this.

brian john

I have no clue if there are or are not health issues associated with the use of electricity in our homes and at work, other than the obvious, blow ups, shocks and related deaths.

All I know is everyone of these cases I have worked on (nor smart meters but EMF), the person was a woman and she was so neurotic that I had difficulties dealing with her. But generally they were willing to spend money and as long as you are honest in your dealings I would gladly accept their cash.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I have wired a house for a lady that had issues with electric power (that is how I know about the Steterizer). In my case though she was very nice. Overall, it was no different than dealing with any other picky custom home owner.

I did learn that wiring a house in EMT and MC is a WHOLE lot more work than a commercial space.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I have no clue if there are or are not health issues associated with the use of electricity in our homes and at work, other than the obvious, blow ups, shocks and related deaths.

All I know is everyone of these cases I have worked on (nor smart meters but EMF), the person was a woman and she was so neurotic that I had difficulties dealing with her. But generally they were willing to spend money and as long as you are honest in your dealings I would gladly accept their cash.

I have to admit that I feel bad when crazy people waste money on stuff that serves no useful purpose, but as long as one is up front about it, I just have a hard time telling any honest tradesman not to take the money.

I do not feel good about those directly selling the snake oil at all though.

brian john

I have to admit that I feel bad when crazy people waste money on stuff that serves no useful purpose, but as long as one is up front about it, I just have a hard time telling any honest tradesman not to take the money.

I do not feel good about those directly selling the snake oil at all though.

I agree, we do not do residential service work but have been hired a few times because we are suppose to know what we are doing in regards to electrical issues. I try to be open, honest and up front with everyone involved.

kwired

Electron manager
People are easy to convince there may be a problem with something they know little about, this makes them easy targets for products that do little or nothing to solve they problems brought to their attention.

Same person that is scared of their smart meter that maybe only transmits data once a day or week or even once a month in some cases, has no issues with their TV remote, garage door remote, or other wireless household transmitters, their cordless phones, cell phones, or wireless computer network:roll:

iceworm

Curmudgeon still using printed IEEE Color Books
Occupation
EE (Field - as little design as possible)
People are easy to convince there may be a problem with something they know little about, this makes them easy targets for products that do little or nothing to solve they problems brought to their attention.

Same person that is scared of their smart meter that maybe only transmits data once a day or week or even once a month in some cases, has no issues with their TV remote, garage door remote, or other wireless household transmitters, their cordless phones, cell phones, or wireless computer network:roll:

We have one engineer that worries over back ground radiation and worries about the increased risk of brain cancer from cell phone use. I kept my mouth shut until he showed me an article saying the "WHO found the evidence creditable" (his words) It didn't. It said that WHO researched the reports and the reports said the evidence was creditable. (Really - The reports self-authenticate. What a surprise. I really hope we did not spend any US tax money on that report.)

I suggested it was too late. The fact he was concerned about cellphone radiation was evidence his brain was already fried. I thought it was funny. Amazingly he didn't seem to agree. Sigh, back to keeping my mouth shut.

ice

gar

Occupation
EE
121204-1959 EST

kdrifter440:

You need to find some technical details on the GE meter. This might come from GE and/or the local power company. You need to educate yourself on this subject.

Is there any particular time of day this person feels the effects of the meter? Is there any particular location in the house or outside where the effects are noticed? How far away from the house is it necessary to go to reduce the effect? Where can the person go to get relief? How quickly does the effect go away by going into the country to the middle of big open field where it is not possible to see any radio towers, electrical towers, or anything much made by man?

It is likely someone has told this person that the new electronic digital meters can cause bad health effects. If bad effects have resulted it is probably all in the person's head (psychological).

Take this person to somewhere that they are free of the effects. Then bring one of the meters of concern into their presence, connected to nothing. Does that instigate the effect?

Now in this wide open field run a single wire from the meter to one terminal of the battery in a car that is not running. Does this trigger the event?

Give us some feedback.

kwired

Electron manager
121204-1959 EST

How quickly does the effect go away by going into the country to the middle of big open field where it is not possible to see any radio towers, electrical towers, or anything much made by man?

When you finally find that point, the person will begin to complain about the radioactive content around them on the nuclear missile testing range:happyyes:

G._S._Ohm

People are supposed to have a built-in lifespan of about 85 years, with some very few people living to 120. Women live slightly longer than men because they are genetically superior to men.

The stuff to worry about is what cuts this 85 down significantly, let's say to 80 or 75.

brian john

People are supposed to have a built-in lifespan of about 85 years, with some very few people living to 120. Women live slightly longer than men because they are genetically superior to men.

The stuff to worry about is what cuts this 85 down significantly, let's say to 80 or 75.

Oldest woman in the USA died yesterday at 116.

I think what cuts it down,

Genetics
Stress
habits/life style choices-smoking, drinking, eating, drug abuse
hobbies, mountain climbing, motor cycle riding, fast cars, WOMEN and such

Though there are those that make bad life style choices and live into their 90's

gar

Occupation
EE
121205-1705 EST

kdrifter440:

You need to come back into the discussion. But I believe you need to do some study on smart meters, not just ask us questions.

The title to this thread implied that you have no background on how these things, smart meters, work. Your second question implied that you have been told that this bad stuff, whatever it may be, is propagating on the house wiring relatively continuously.

I do not know specifically how the GE meter works, but I have a general idea of how it may be structured.

In my earlier post and the questions I presented the goal was to try to extract some information from you that would force some sort of analysis on your part. If we give you too much information, then the story might change.

You should be able to tell from the responses that virtual no one thinks there is a real problem. If there is no real problem, then what do you filter to solve the non-real problem?

ghostbuster

Gar

There are people out there that are proven to be electro-sensitive.

We have seen water diviners and people suffering from M.S. being adversely affected momentarily by 60 Hz. radiated magnetic fields.

Long term health affects and higher frequencies however are still subject to discussion.

gar

Occupation
EE
121205-1950 EST

ghostbuster:

The question of the thread related to some problem that resulted from a change from a standard electromechanical meter to a smart meter. Nothing else was mentioned about any other change.

Do some electrical signals have an effect on humans and animals? Yes. But one needs to define parameters to bring a problem into perspective.

There are one or more groups that are opposed to smart meters for some reason. These groups have a big propaganda campaign opposing smart meters, and use scare tactics on health issues as one subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.