Derating Wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectric123

i browsed that section and at article 310.15(B) (3) its says conductors without spacing longer than 24 in. Does that apply to single condutors in a raceway? Am i interpreting this right?

delectric123

Thank you, all, this is a very helpful forum. does the code have any derating requirements on bundled conductors in Industrial Control Panel Wiring? like conductors in a wire ductt? besides common sense

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Thank you, all, this is a very helpful forum. does the code have any derating requirements on bundled conductors in Industrial Control Panel Wiring? like conductors in a wire ductt? besides common sense
310.15(B)(3)(a) applies to ICP's that are not listed equipment (or a component thereof)...
where single conductors or multiconductor cables are installed without maintaining spacing for a continuous length longer than 600 mm (24 in.) and are not installed in raceways, ...

kwired

Electron manager
There is this sentence embedded within 310.15(B)(3):

Where conductors of different systems, as provided in 300.3, are installed in a common raceway or cable, the adjustment factors shown in Table 310.15(B)(3)(a) shall apply only to the number of power and lighting conductors (Articles 210, 215, 220, and 230).

That to me means the control conductors are not counted as current carrying conductors when applying the deration factors of this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.