Developing an excel panelboard program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pietenpol

Been working on an excel sheet to streamline designing panelboards. It is still in the beta stage but I would be interested in feedback. Is it possible to upload an excel file on this forum?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Someone recently tried by adding a .doc extension, which is then removed upon downloading.

I have uploaded before by embedding the Excel file in a Word .doc.

Any more I just upload to another server, such as Google Drive, and then provide a link here.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Has anyone been able to open it? I have a more recent version that fixes the code summations between panelboards
I got the former ods version to open in Excel 2010, but all the formulas where lost... only values made it through. The xls version opens in Excel with formulas intact AFAICT.

Ragin Cajun

Where you have all the "FALSE" results, change the formulas to include double "" so the entry is blank, such as =IF(Q9="L",((K9*0.25)/1000),""). Removes confusing clutter.

Enter the "POLE" on the same line as the TRIP, makes it easier to read.

I trust this schedule is not "real" as there are NO spares!

UNLOCK the cells that are used for user input.

RC

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
My input -

1. The voltage you selected is 120/208V, which is NOT 3 phase, 4 wire. Please refer to Note (d) from ANSI C92.2; the voltage should be stated as 208Y/120V.

2. The schedule is not very automated. It doesn't even use the voltage stated.

3. What does "coded" mean?

4. There is an error where it says VA when it is actually KVA.

5. The amps calculated is based on total 3 phase KVA, but that does you no good if the average amps is less than any one of the individual phases. MCA should be based on the largest phase, KVA.

Pietenpol

The calcs on the side are shown just for my own use while creating this sheet. They wont be on the final version. There are spares included in the updated version I posted. Eventually it will have cross checks and color coded errors for overloaded breakers and unblanced phases

Pietenpol

All of the calcs on the right will be hidden from view. They are merely there now to aid me in programming. So I can see that everything is tallying correctly.

ronaldrc

Pietenpol

Your spread sheet looks good and all the calculations work fine with Open Office 4.

But there is no color is there color when opened with Excel ?

Ronald :)

Status
Not open for further replies.