breaker lockout types

Status
Not open for further replies.

newservice

You can find them for most manufacturers. They are held in place by the panel cover. No screws are involved. They are brand specific. They have a ring for a small suitcase type lock. Big box stores have them. Supply houses have them.

Yep, just got off the phone with EATON and my supplier is ordering one in for this afternoon from their other location where they have 10 on hand. It's a BRLW, (not the BRLW-1 or 2). There is no pic of one on the pdf catalog, but the rep said he had one in his hand and it is held in by the deadfront , locks in either position. Big box stores have this? I'd be amazed if my local HD had this on hand.

Cavie

Yep, just got off the phone with EATON and my supplier is ordering one in for this afternoon from their other location where they have 10 on hand. It's a BRLW, (not the BRLW-1 or 2). There is no pic of one on the pdf catalog, but the rep said he had one in his hand and it is held in by the deadfront , locks in either position. Big box stores have this? I'd be amazed if my local HD had this on hand.

HD will should have the for GE and SQD. mine does.

kwired

Electron manager

Devices you have there are fine compliments to your LOTO program, but do not qualify as a permanent locking means that remains in place even when not in use as is required by a few sections of the NEC, such as 422.31(B), 430.102(A) exception 3 and 430.102(B)(2) exception, are a few examples, I think there is a few other places with similar requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.