Pulling 4-600's Through Greenfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

jusme123

Occupation
JW
...have a transformer and a panel next to each other, trough no allowed, had to use a 20" piece of 4" greenfield with two greenfield 90's , facing opposite direction, how would you pull. I am just looking for a new or easier method.

Again, through not allowed

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Here's a similar install that I did a few years ago, parallel sets of 4-600 kcmil copper conductors + EGC in 4" FMC. The photo isn't that great but you can see that the FMC is about 18" in length at the top left. I first installed the conductors into the distribution board, then I pre-bent the conductors at the end of the FMC on the other end (transformer end), installed the angle portion of the connector to the transformer and slid the entire mess into the 90? connectors at the transformer. If you take your time and use lots of elbow grease (this stuff is heavy) it will work. :)

IMG_1528.JPG

jusme123

Occupation
JW
Here's a similar install that I did a few years ago, parallel sets of 4-600 kcmil copper conductors + EGC in 4" FMC. The photo isn't that great but you can see that the FMC is about 18" in length at the top left. I first installed the conductors into the distribution board, then I pre-bent the conductors at the end of the FMC on the other end (transformer end), installed the angle portion of the connector to the transformer and slid the entire mess into the 90? connectors at the transformer. If you take your time and use lots of elbow grease (this stuff is heavy) it will work. :)

IMG_1528.JPG
Thanks!

...craftsmanship at its absolute finest, great job Infinity!!

We had the same thing with paralleled 350's last week , we put them in panel first and than fed them into trans. one at a time.

masterinbama

IMG_1528.JPG

I sure wish infinity would take his time and make his installs neat and orderly :)

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Thanks, actually I looked again at the photo a little more closely and that's actually 5-600 kcmil + EGC. This switchboard had a 200% neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.