Taking a Power Shower for the Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Making the rounds on the innernets lately: This photo of a panel in a hotel room in Sochi:

SochiShower.jpg

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I don't think it is a photoshopped image. Look at the reflection from the flash unit on the center of the panel, and follow the line of light along the tiles further to the right. It looks like a natural light pattern to me.

mgookin

I don't think it is a photoshopped image. Look at the reflection from the flash unit on the center of the panel, and follow the line of light along the tiles further to the right. It looks like a natural light pattern to me.

That was my perception as well. Seems like a legit photo.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
I'd say it is fine, just not complete. The EC just needs to call for re-inspection after installing the required listed panelboard shower curtain per Russian Electrical Code. Every properly trained Russian electrician should know that a listed panelboard shower curtain is required when locating a panelboard in a shower.

Geez, we let these people take our astronauts to the Space Station? We have really lost our minds.

Last edited:

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Originally Posted by kingpb I would guess that is actually in a hotel in the US. Panelboard is not consistent with EU design.
My guess too, that looks too "North American" to actually be in Russia.

Russia is not in the EU.

Yes, the panel does look NA, but the shower controls don't so much.

We may never know the true history of the pic. It may not even be in a hotel.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I'd say it is fine, just not complete. The EC just needs to call for re-inspection after installing the required listed panelboard shower curtain per Russian Electrical Code. Every properly trained Russian electrician should know that a listed panelboard shower curtain is required when locating a panelboard in a shower.

Geez, we let these people take our astronauts to the Space Station? We have really lost our minds.

Do the old panelboard shower curtains in Russia contain iron?

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector

Well, I had typed out another response but backspaced it out due to possibly being overly political. OK, WAY to political, so I thought it best to stop here as far as my comments go.:)

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~

no, not since 1991. now they use depleted uranium. it's heavy and keeps the curtain from
fluttering in the shower spray, and they have lots of it.

IIRC, you only need a panelboard shower curtain if you have breakers
directly in the spray... notice they put the breakers up high... i bet they
don't hardly get wet at all....

that's the key to successful installs... experience with the little things.

Status
Not open for further replies.