Article please

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

Where does it say you can pass through air handling space but run parallel in air space? I know I read and I think there is even a picture but I can find it. Thank gus

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Where does it say you can pass through air handling space but run parallel in air space? I know I read and I think there is even a picture but I can find it. Thank gus

For a dwelling unit see 300.22(C)Exception. But note that it is across the space, not parallel. All the related stuff is in 300.22.

guschash

Are you allow to use nonmetallic cable ( NM ) in these space as well. Can I use NM to pass through the joist space?

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
300.22(C)(1)
Dennis, Wouldn't the above restriction not apply to the space noted in the exception ?
In other words, cables in the exception would not have to comply with (C)(1() therefore NM would be allowed.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Dennis, Wouldn't the above restriction not apply to the space noted in the exception ?
In other words, cables in the exception would not have to comply with (C)(1() therefore NM would be allowed.

Yes but he did not say it was a dwelling and since that article was already posted I figured maybe it wasn't a dwelling. I have run nm across these spaces before.

guschash

Sorry, yes it's a dwelling and I have ran it through air space myself before also. But I did it the other day and thought I read up on it, thought it would be in 334.

Status
Not open for further replies.