Why did you not put an APPROVAL tag on my mobile home service ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Mobile home is not PC.

I approved an installation back in 2008 that had plumbing PVC like that.

Poco made them change it to gray pipe. I was not the AHJ or the Poco and I would have had a fun go around, plus they changed it before calling the state on me.

kwired

Electron manager
The bare #4 is the neutral?
I would love to hear what these wires are powering so I can ponder the reasoning behind it :lol:
I'm assuming you are talking the bare conductor on top side of the neutral assembly. If this is service equipment there is nothing wrong with that - though it may be about the only thing about this installation that is acceptable:)

What's the problem??? Our county is full of those! :D

I was thinking the same thing, at least when it comes to some older installations, or go out on the farms and this actually may look like a fairly clean install compared to some of what I have seen.

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
LOL--Reminds me of a friend who wanted to put an electric clothes dryer on his porch and asked me to look at his wiring (belonged to a co-op and did his own wiring)--got there and he had run 12-2w/ground from the meter to his house--when I told him NOOOOOOOOO!!!! he said the wire was good for 600volts and he was only going to use 240 volts for the dryer. The rest of the house-120 only-wood heat, propane cook stove, microwave and 4, 100watt lights (it was an old small trailer house).

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Gus, can you tell us what they supplied (attempted to supply) with the NM/UF cables?
Hopefully the electrician will find all the answers. The water pipe/conduit did not make it to the interior panel. I speculate the NMs went to one of the outbuildings that are on the property.

RLyons

I'm assuming you are talking the bare conductor on top side of the neutral assembly. If this is service equipment there is nothing wrong with that - though it may be about the only thing about this installation that is acceptable:)

I curious as to the type of drop done into the disco....if it's in a mast I don't see why they didn't just use aluminum.
So many questions :lol:

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Well the NM seems "beefy" enough, three conductors per lug. That should give them some credit towards a green tag shouldn't it?:lol:

kwired

Electron manager
Well the NM seems "beefy" enough, three conductors per lug. That should give them some credit towards a green tag shouldn't it?:lol:
Well if we call it a "three strand" conductor instead of a cable, and if those strands are the size of a 12AWG that gives us a total CSA somewhere between the CSA of 8AWG and 6 AWG, maybe a 7AWG?:cool:
Ampacity wise @ 75C it is maybe worth about 57-58 amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.