ipad/mobile solution for others work orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhfire77

I fill in slow days as a sub to other firms doing service/repair work. They have their own work orders we must submit, usually with the customer's signature. I dynamically schedule these tasks as they come and and whichever van is closest. Sometimes the tech will have the paperwork at the beginning of the day. When they don't I attempt to fax it to the site, or email it to the tech. Then, either they go to staples to get it printed or if the printer in the van is working, with ink, they fire up the laptop, connect the hot spot and printer, then print. Each work order is different, no two alike.

There has to be a better way. I am playing around with ipads and Adobe's subscription service that allows you to manipulate attachments photos, .doc etc into pdfs. Then you can place text boxes or free hand notes and signatures. Its a disjointed, sloppy process.

Having to stop what I am doing to get the paperwork to the tech is so inefficient, I don't have a dispatcher or can afford to right now.

Anyone using something that would streamline this?

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I fill in slow days as a sub to other firms doing service/repair work. They have their own work orders we must submit, usually with the customer's signature. I dynamically schedule these tasks as they come and and whichever van is closest. Sometimes the tech will have the paperwork at the beginning of the day. When they don't I attempt to fax it to the site, or email it to the tech. Then, either they go to staples to get it printed or if the printer in the van is working, with ink, they fire up the laptop, connect the hot spot and printer, then print. Each work order is different, no two alike.

There has to be a better way. I am playing around with ipads and Adobe's subscription service that allows you to manipulate attachments photos, .doc etc into pdfs. Then you can place text boxes or free hand notes and signatures. Its a disjointed, sloppy process.

Having to stop what I am doing to get the paperwork to the tech is so inefficient, I don't have a dispatcher or can afford to right now.

Anyone using something that would streamline this?

yeah. invoices 2 go on the ipad. it's cloud based, and you can
update the invoice from any device, and put a signature on it
from the sign 2 go extension within the app.

you could have a separate cloud for each technician, and
do the whole thing paperless. or, you could run everyone
on the same cloud, but then everyone would be able to see
and access everything. it's pretty comprehensive for what it
is... i just looked at the dashboard, and everything is there.

there is also electricalflatrate, by jim brush. i'd look at both of those.

nhfire77

yeah. invoices 2 go on the ipad. it's cloud based, and you can
update the invoice from any device, and put a signature on it
from the sign 2 go extension within the app.

you could have a separate cloud for each technician, and
do the whole thing paperless. or, you could run everyone
on the same cloud, but then everyone would be able to see
and access everything. it's pretty comprehensive for what it
is... i just looked at the dashboard, and everything is there.

there is also electricalflatrate, by jim brush. i'd look at both of those.

Its not my own work order and invoice I'm concerned with. We are sent work orders that are the primary contractors form, prefilled out with site info and the requested work. We need to document and get signatures on that. But I will look at those.

MisterCMK

Its not my own work order and invoice I'm concerned with. We are sent work orders that are the primary contractors form, prefilled out with site info and the requested work. We need to document and get signatures on that. But I will look at those.

Let me know what you find. We have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.