Getting wire from surface mount panel into wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcrv

New User
I have a customer that has a surface mount exterior panel that he's hiring me to install. The cables for the subpanels it will feed are inside the wall.
I was thinking I could make an S-bend of some conduit into the wall, and have threaded fitting and a cable clamp inside the wall. I think that'd meet 300.15(C)

Anyone have a better suggestion?
Running conduit to the subpanels isn't possible.

growler

I have a customer that has a surface mount exterior panel that he's hiring me to install. The cables for the subpanels it will feed are inside the wall.
I was thinking I could make an S-bend of some conduit into the wall, and have threaded fitting and a cable clamp inside the wall. I think that'd meet 300.15(C)

Anyone have a better suggestion?
Running conduit to the subpanels isn't possible.

It's hard to say without seeing the job. Many times all that's needed is to come into the back of the panel with feeder cable.

Your conduit idea should work.

growler

I missed the part about exterior, so my ideas are of no good. I hate when that happens....

I may be totally wrong in assuming that this is for something similar to an apartment complex.

Around here we don't mount many panels on the exterior of a house so we don't get much experience in that area.

By the way I worked on a house not long ago with the panel on the outside. It was down to about grade level and mud all around and bushes growing in front of it, I didn't like it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.