Cheapest way

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
I would assume the license itself is a fixed fee, methods of acceptance, delivery, payment or whatever could have differences.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
IMO, California needs to step up the game and make the CEU requirments much tougher and be more strict on their testing.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Makes me wonder about how I can find the "cheapest" employee.

I pay for license renewals, CE class fees & lunch if on Saturdays. Fees, wage & lunch if during the week.

I do not require anyone to go to a particular class, but if they are short CE hours to renew license, they work at apprentice wages until it is renewed. (Hasn't happened yet)

The cheapest way is to get the requirements fulfilled prior to when needed.

kwired

Electron manager
Makes me wonder about how I can find the "cheapest" employee.

I pay for license renewals, CE class fees & lunch if on Saturdays. Fees, wage & lunch if during the week.

I do not require anyone to go to a particular class, but if they are short CE hours to renew license, they work at apprentice wages until it is renewed. (Hasn't happened yet)

The cheapest way is to get the requirements fulfilled prior to when needed.
And here in NE there is no more grace period for license renewal, if you don't have your fees, application, and proof of qualifying CEU's in by close of business on Dec 31, you will have to pass same test as new license applicants have to take before you will get another license. So anybody that doesn't have valid CEU's as of right now have very very slim chance of getting a license renewed at this point, unless they maybe can find an approved course that runs tomorrow (actually today it is already after midnight) or Wednesday and can get their certificate and fees to the SED office before they close Wed.

Occupation
EC - retired
And here in NE there is no more grace period for license renewal, if you don't have your fees, application, and proof of qualifying CEU's in by close of business on Dec 31, you will have to pass same test as new license applicants have to take before you will get another license. So anybody that doesn't have valid CEU's as of right now have very very slim chance of getting a license renewed at this point, unless they maybe can find an approved course that runs tomorrow (actually today it is already after midnight) or Wednesday and can get their certificate and fees to the SED office before they close Wed.

IIRC an email sent out a couple weeks or so ago said we still had 1000 who had not complied yet.

kwired

Electron manager
IIRC an email sent out a couple weeks or so ago said we still had 1000 who had not complied yet.
Just looked at that email - was dated 12-15 and said there were still over 5000 that had not yet renewed at that time. Seems pretty high, but maybe not so high if you factor in some that maybe retired, deceased, don't plan to do electrical again for whatever reason, or maybe even out of state license holders or those that have left the state that don't plan to renew.

Occupation
EC - retired
Just looked at that email - was dated 12-15 and said there were still over 5000 that had not yet renewed at that time. Seems pretty high, but maybe not so high if you factor in some that maybe retired, deceased, don't plan to do electrical again for whatever reason, or maybe even out of state license holders or those that have left the state that don't plan to renew.

Considering the population of our fair State, I think that is a significant number.

kwired

Electron manager
Considering the population of our fair State, I think that is a significant number.
I did at first, but then got to wondering just how many active licenses there are and figured between all the major cities that maybe isn't that big of a number - then throw in some out of state license holders and it seems a little more realistic for that number to be possible. Otherwise the competition must be getting thinner, and I still have more to do then I can handle most of the time. I'd guess the number of contractor license holders maybe isn't just too high but there are probably more journeymen or other special license holders then one realizes. I am assuming this figure Randy sent out did not include apprentice registrations that were not renewed as of that date, if it did then I am not surprised at the number, but those guys are not out of much if their registration expires.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Don't renew and work out of your trunk.
Many electricians take on line classes, they can be the least expensive route. But I feel a live class is best.
Mike Holt has both.
Cheap is not always the best.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
Don't renew and work out of your trunk.
Many electricians take on line classes, they can be the least expensive route. But I feel a live class is best.
Mike Holt has both.
Cheap is not always the best.

IMO, cheap is never the best.

Online course to renew CA. journeyman license

Online course to renew CA. journeyman license

this is what I am looking for: the least expensive online course. Anybody have an website and price?

Status
Not open for further replies.