Where to buy 12-2-2 romex in NJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I talked to the local manager of one my national chain wholesalers and he explained their "cash" sales as final. They do not have cash on hand for returned items and having corporate write a check costs him money. He looses the sale plus the cost of the returned check from corporate. It won't happen. I would say your lucky to get a check back at all.

kwired

Electron manager
I talked to the local manager of one my national chain wholesalers and he explained their "cash" sales as final. They do not have cash on hand for returned items and having corporate write a check costs him money. He looses the sale plus the cost of the returned check from corporate. It won't happen. I would say your lucky to get a check back at all.
My main suppliers are regional (not national chains) but they do accept credit/debit cards. I don't know for certain but imagine they can take a return and apply a credit to the card used for original purchase. They both are branch stores and I'd guess they wouldn't cut anyone a refund check at the branch stores, it would have to come from main offices. They do have some cash on hand from cash sales AFAIK but likely is a somewhat limited amount.

They will take payment on customer accounts though. If one wanted to open an account yet "pay as you go" you certainly could. If you return an item you get a credit to use against next purchase.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Good point, but I do not know if the debit card network charges a net fee for the original transaction and the reversal or not. Maybe 1% of each transaction without looking at the direction?

The customer side cancels out but the merchant side may not.

Same question for the credit card network.
The only sure answer is that for a store charge account there is probably no net cost to the merchant.

And I am willing to bet that the percentage of returns factors into the manager's annual evaluations. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.