Largest SqD Homeline Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Does SqD offer a 150A snap-in breaker for Homeline?
If not what is the largest size snap-in?

Also I think they have snap-in lugs. If it is a 200A panel and you used the snap-in lugs you would have to run 3/0 or 200A wire?

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
The 150 and 200s that I know of take 4 spaces instead of two.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_140277-296-HOM2150BB_0__?productId=3467881

I saw that on Lowes but when I checked availability it said "not available".

Amazon showed one but the picture didn't match the description. Most said it was a main breaker when they got it. Lots of bad reviews!

I did find a Schneider/SQD bulletin that showed one but it was old. It did say it took 4 spaces. But I don't know if it's still available.

TommyO

I saw that on Lowes but when I checked availability it said "not available".

Amazon showed one but the picture didn't match the description. Most said it was a main breaker when they got it. Lots of bad reviews!

I did find a Schneider/SQD bulletin that showed one but it was old. It did say it took 4 spaces. But I don't know if it's still available.

Search for HOM2150BB.
Or HOM2200BB
It looks like that will get you what you're looking for on Amazon or "Google Shopping".
It looks like this is a case where Amazon is more expensive than other places like pacific coast breaker.

templdl

Does SqD offer a 150A snap-in breaker for Homeline?
If not what is the largest size snap-in?

Also I think they have snap-in lugs. If it is a 200A panel and you used the snap-in lugs you would have to run 3/0 or 200A wire?

Have you called SqD or looked at their catalog? Remember that plug ons of course use staps which are commonly shared with the breaker mounted opposite of each one. Often times it is prohibited to mount a branch mounted main breaker besause of that limitation. As such there could be more to a simple answer if you are allowed to evern mount plug on breakers depending upon the panel stab ampacity limitations.

kwired

Electron manager
Search for HOM2150BB.
Or HOM2200BB
It looks like that will get you what you're looking for on Amazon or "Google Shopping".
It looks like this is a case where Amazon is more expensive than other places like pacific coast breaker.

Those are correct catalog numbers - they will use 4 pole spaces.

They probably also cost more then using a larger panel then the existing one.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Those are correct catalog numbers - they will use 4 pole spaces.

They probably also cost more then using a larger panel then the existing one.

My SH finally located one and yeah, they cost plenty. Actually more then a panel with value pack.

But I'm having to feed a subpanel of the main panel and I need a large breaker.

kwired

Electron manager
My SH finally located one and yeah, they cost plenty. Actually more then a panel with value pack.

But I'm having to feed a subpanel of the main panel and I need a large breaker.

I didn't mention before because I wasn't sure if they had them, but I finally found subfeed lug accessory, don't know the price though.

HOML2125

or

HOML2225

kwired

Electron manager
If you go to a supply house and ask for a "quad breaker" they will bring you one like jumper linked to, because that is what they are commonly called in the industry, I don't necessarily know why, sort of makes more sense to call one that utilizes four spaces a quad, but it is what it is.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
If you go to a supply house and ask for a "quad breaker" they will bring you one like jumper linked to, because that is what they are commonly called in the industry, I don't necessarily know why, sort of makes more sense to call one that utilizes four spaces a quad, but it is what it is.
Funny thing. I see something that contains four breakers (or at least four poles) as a quad.
Just like a yoke with two receptacles is a duplex.

norcal

Why not use a mobile home panel w/ sub-feed lugs? The main disadvantage I see that they only have 8 spaces.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Why not use a mobile home panel w/ sub-feed lugs? The main disadvantage I see that they only have 8 spaces.

I don't have a choice as to what to use. I have to use what the customer has in place now. He's building a garage with apartment overhead and is going to feed from his 400A service in his house. So I need a breaker or lugs to feed from one of the 200A panels.

I don't have a choice as to what to use. I have to use what the customer has in place now. He's building a garage with apartment overhead and is going to feed from his 400A service in his house. So I need a breaker or lugs to feed from one of the 200A panels.

Maybe just use a 2125 and call it a day? Maybe do some soul searching as to whether you really need more than that?

kwired

Electron manager
Maybe just use a 2125 and call it a day? Maybe do some soul searching as to whether you really need more than that?

On top of that if a 150 amp feed is truly needed consider what is already on the 200 amp panel you wish to be fed from, if I know I needed 150 amp feeder I likely would be finding a way to tie it ahead of the 200 amp panel(s) in most cases, third service disconnect, third feeder tapped from a 400 amp feeder... assuming 400 amp service is still within load calculations.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
On top of that if a 150 amp feed is truly needed consider what is already on the 200 amp panel you wish to be fed from, if I know I needed 150 amp feeder I likely would be finding a way to tie it ahead of the 200 amp panel(s) in most cases, third service disconnect, third feeder tapped from a 400 amp feeder... assuming 400 amp service is still within load calculations.

You mean opening up the meter and installing a 3rd set of lugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.