Not April Fools

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlennH

I of our guys saw this today. Lady who lived there had no idea how long it was this way.

Attachments

• IMG_20160331_143128942.jpg
    IMG_20160331_143128942.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 3

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
How can even a DIY nincompoop look at the disparity in the conductors on either side of that breaker and not see that something ain't right here?

Well, I guess that was probably the largest wire he could stuff into that stab-in slot eh? Probably made some sort of warped sense to that idiot...:weeping:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Looks like the original main breaker failed and was replaced with non-standard methods. However looking at the load side conductors, there is no evidence of any heat damage so the total load must be small.

iwire

Staff member
How can even a DIY nincompoop look at the disparity in the conductors on either side of that breaker and not see that something ain't right here?

On the other hand it looks in fine shape after being like that for many years so I don't assume a novice would notice.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
Looks like the original main breaker failed and was replaced with non-standard methods. However looking at the load side conductors, there is no evidence of any heat damage so the total load must be small.

While not disagreeing, I do note there seems to be some sort of arcing or heat damage around the knockout on the line side. Possibly from when this 'work' was done.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
As far as how long it's been like that...
When did Cutler-Hammer take over the BR breaker line? And when did Square-D introduce Homeline? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.