EMT to GRC transition coupling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkgrady

I'm looking to transition from rigid conduit to emt in numerous locations. Does anybody make such a fitting? I prefer threadless on the GRC side. I hope to do this without threading any conduit. Die cast fittings are not OK per spec.

The application is GRC below 8 feet and EMT above. So anywhere I am coming down a wall from above must be rigid. Secondly, I need to penetrate a roof. above the roof must be rigid but not below. I would run the rigid through a pitch pocket and switch to EMT below the roof?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
They make adapters for connecting threaded rigid conduit to EMT.
CRH_691-orig.jpg

iwire

Staff member
We make our own with conduit couplings. It is accepted here, I understand some AHJs may have a problem with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20160329_124114482[1].jpg
    IMG_20160329_124114482[1].jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 6

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Any idea who makes this product? Would it violate any code if I put a threads rigid connector on the pipe and screwed this fitting on to the connector?
That is a Raco fitting. They also make set screw to set screw rigid to EMT adapters.
Looks like the only make them in 1/2", 3/4" and 1". It is the 690 series of part numbers for the threaded to compression and the 420 series for the set screw ones.

As far as I know, no threaded connector has been evaluated for use with female threads. They have only been evaluated for use with lock nuts.

mkgrady

That is a Raco fitting. They also make set screw to set screw rigid to EMT adapters.
Looks like the only make them in 1/2", 3/4" and 1". It is the 690 series of part numbers for the threaded to compression and the 420 series for the set screw ones.

As far as I know, no threaded connector has been evaluated for use with female threads. They have only been evaluated for use with lock nuts.

Thank you Don.That is very helpful

Smart $

Esteemed Member
That is a Raco fitting. ... Looks like the only make them in 1/2", 3/4" and 1". It is the 690 series of part numbers for the threaded to compression and the 420 series for the set screw ones. ...
I think most manufacturers do the same sizes. I did notice that Garvin does 1-1/4" in the compression series.

mkgrady

I think most manufacturers do the same sizes. I did notice that Garvin does 1-1/4" in the compression series.

I need 3/4" size. My local supplier lists them (Hubble-raco 1433) just below 10 bucks each but they don't have any. I found some on line for almost 3 bucks. Still pretty steep for something like that.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I need 3/4" size. My local supplier lists them (Hubble-raco 1433) just below 10 bucks each but they don't have any. I found some on line for almost 3 bucks. Still pretty steep for something like that.
Can't help with pricing. :happyno:

It's definitely a supply vs. demand thing.

Joe Villani

My supplier stocks the set screw type in die cast for about 2 bucks

Bridgeport 291-DC

If you want steel you can look at Crouse Hinds 421.

This I'm showing about 3 bucks.

Personally I would ante up for the steel.

Joe Villani

Status
Not open for further replies.