250.52(B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m sleem

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Females
Occupation
Health
If the aluminum cladding is covering the building sides, can we install an air terminal on above since we cannot bond aluminum?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
If the aluminum cladding is covering the building sides, can we install an air terminal on above since we cannot bond aluminum?

250.52(B) only refers to those things allowed or required to be used as a ground electrode. Aluminum siding is not one of the things that is mentioned as being a grounding electrode.

Air terminals are part of lightning protection systems and are mostly covered in another NFPA standard and not the NEC.

m sleem

Occupation
Health
250.52(B) only refers to those things allowed or required to be used as a ground electrode. Aluminum siding is not one of the things that is mentioned as being a grounding electrode.

Air terminals are part of lightning protection systems and are mostly covered in another NFPA standard and not the NEC.
In 250.64(A), the aluminum conductors are allowed as along as it's not subject to be corroded.

m sleem

Occupation
Health

Also, if i cannot depend on using it as electrode system, but still i have to bond it to electrode systems, am i right?

In 250.64(A), the aluminum conductors are allowed as along as it's not subject to be corroded.

Also, if i cannot depend on using it as electrode system, but still i have to bond it to electrode systems, am i right?

I dont really understand the question. Again as Bob said, aluminum siding is not an electrode, nor required to be bonded.

I dont know what lighting protection standards say, if anything, about aluminum siding.

m sleem

Occupation
Health
I dont really understand the question. Again as Bob said, aluminum siding is not an electrode, nor required to be bonded.

I dont know what lighting protection standards say, if anything, about aluminum siding.

If it like that, how to protect the aluminium siding during lightning strikes, assuming it covers the whole building like this,
B1162190646.jpg

If it like that, how to protect the aluminium siding during lightning strikes, assuming it covers the whole building like this,
B1162190646.jpg

I am no lightning protection system expert, but here is more to lightning protection systems them just grounding things. Aren't all those panels bonded together and bolted into the building frame anyway? A big part of it is providing protection ABOVE the thing to be protected so hopefully lightning stikes that first - think of the shield wires on transmission lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.