Instructions for new forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
No way to go directly from topics list page (i.e. Genral Forum page as example) to the last page of a topic. You have to go to the first page, then type in the number of the last page. What a waste of time....:rant:

Frank, click on the New Topics tab, then the little blue disc next to each thread title; that will take you to the first new post in that thread. You can also right-click on each disc and select "open in new tab" and read and/or respond, then just close that tab when you're done.

mtfallsmikey1

Occupation
Chief Engineer
Well, this is the carbon-based lifeform formerly known as mtfallsmikey. After the forum was changed, I could not log in, repeated attempts to change my PW failed, so I'm new and fresh as a daisy again

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I get this a lot when clicking on New Topics: "This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 10 seconds."

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Yeah, it is difficult for everyone. Part of the problem they are having is when they change something it affects something else. If you got there at the wrong time that may have been the issue for you... Who knows

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Well, this is the carbon-based lifeform formerly known as mtfallsmikey. After the forum was changed, I could not log in, repeated attempts to change my PW failed, so I'm new and fresh as a daisy again

That happened to me but it wouldn't even let me sign up with a new account or "contact us". So I emailed the home office and asked them to forward the message to the forums admin. That worked. I got an email with a link to change my password.

Somebody should be able to help you get your old life back now that you're here.

-Hal

mtfallsmikey1

Occupation
Chief Engineer
That happened to me but it wouldn't even let me sign up with a new account or "contact us". So I emailed the home office and asked them to forward the message to the forums admin. That worked. I got an email with a link to change my password.

Somebody should be able to help you get your old life back now that you're here.

-Hal

:happysad::happysad::happysad:

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I get this a lot when clicking on New Topics: "This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 10 seconds."

When you use the browser Back button to go from a thread you are viewing back to the New Topics screen it is actually doing a new search at that point, not returning you to the previous list. If you hit New Topics again or if you were very fast going to the thread and returning you will be within the 10 second lockout period.

Status
Not open for further replies.