California Title 24 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd0x1

As I understand it, occupancy sensors are required pretty much everywhere. If you have a large space like a machine shop floor where there is not enough movement in every area to keep all the lights on and you want to avoid lights turning on and off as people walk around, is there a workaround? Can you claim an exemption for safety? Can you install code minimum lighting with occ. sensors, then install another set of task lighting on a switch?

paging Fulthrotl.............

victor.cherkashi

I don't details regarding California code. Does the code specify maximum sq.ft. for one zone? In NYC for example, I combined 12,000 sq.ft. in one control zone, so any motion in this area keeps lights on on entrire floor. it is just idea for you to check.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
As I understand it, occupancy sensors are required pretty much everywhere. If you have a large space like a machine shop floor where there is not enough movement in every area to keep all the lights on and you want to avoid lights turning on and off as people walk around, is there a workaround? Can you claim an exemption for safety? Can you install code minimum lighting with occ. sensors, then install another set of task lighting on a switch?

paging Fulthrotl.............

use dual technology sensors to prevent senselessness.
it takes two inputs to light it up, one input to keep it lit.

or, put a title 20 listed 365 day timeclock there.

if you have skylights in the shop, you need daylight harvesting.

the lights need to be dimmable. 0-10v dimming.

best choice? a lutron vive system.
a powerblock with 0-10 for each circuit, wired up in the overhead
in a j box all the home runs go into.

put local controls where you want with pico switches. peel and stick.

set up timers if you want it on timers. put motion sensors if you want that.

you can get vive enabled fixtures, and do anything you want. suggest going with
vive enabled fixtures. hit the fixtures with a hot, and you are done.

you can program the whole thing in an hour from a webpage logged onto the hub.

you can,to save power, set them up partial off so they drop to 50% when nobody
is underneath them, and go full bright when someone is there.

a vive hub that will run the whole thing is about $950 ish. it's not that big a deal.

send me a pm if you want me to walk you thru it, or if you need a certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.