square D panel NQOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
Does anyone know if this panel can take bolt in as well as regular QO breakers, has bolt in now but looks like it would accept plug in QO.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Does anyone know if this panel can take bolt in as well as regular QO breakers, has bolt in now but looks like it would accept plug in QO.

Yes, it will accept both.

Roger

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems

Yes it can. Basically the "D' stood for dual, meaning plug-on and bolt-on on the same bussing.

The NQO (plug-on only) and NQOB (bolt-on only) panels were introduced in the 60's and were built into the mid-80's. They were replaced by the NQOD which lasted until the 00's. Now there is the NQ panel.

kwired

Electron manager
I've never seen a panel that could accept both. Buy a QO at HD and try it.

You aren't getting one at HD that will accept bolt on breakers. Straight QO is a loadcenter that is a panelboard already installed in a cabinet. NQ - is the commercial/industrial line that you can custom order various features/options, once you build the panel then you need to select a cabinet it will fit in. As Jim mentioned used to be NQO, NQOB and NQOD, but now is only just the NQ line that accepts both plug on and bolt on breakers.

kwired

Electron manager
He meant buy a QO breaker.

NQ accepts both; and I’m pretty sure NF is bolt-on only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NQ is 120/240 breakers and can accept both plug on and bolt on style QO breakers.

NF is 277/480 breakers and are only made in bolt on versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.