Having a contract drawn up

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelec

I'm having my lawyer draw up a boiler plate contract for clients I will amend for individual Jobs of course.does anyone have any suggestions things to add besides the regular. I know with all the experiences here this should be an interesting topic

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SSE Electric

New User
Occupation
Electrician, Electrical Contractor
The app I use includes some basic contracts, that you can edit or adjust as needed. The option is there to for you and the customer to each sign and then you ask them to send it back to you before you do the job.
I also write in (most jobs) that payment is due immediately upon the completion of the job. !
I would like to suggest a wonderful app that we use in our business. It’s made for sole proprietors or small contractor businesses.
(Am I allowed to name it on this website?)
It is called JOIST! It’s the easiest, quickest, simplest estimate and invoicing program that you use on your iPhone . There’s a free version and a paid version which you can link to your QuickBooks. My wife , (Who had no experience at all in the office management) does ALL of our business with it!
hope this helps some !

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
It is called JOIST! It’s the easiest, quickest, simplest estimate and invoicing program that you use on your iPhone .

If I had to do all that on an iPhone I would probably run it over with my truck. I mean really, maybe I'm an old curmudgeon, but this millennial "cell phone is God" mentality has to stop.

We have members who come here using mobile devices who can't compose a post without run-on sentences, no punctuation, spell check substituting words and can't see illustrations without a microscope. Then they complain because their browser doesn't render the site the same as on a PC.

If you are going to generate paperwork in the field, at least get a full size tablet.

-Hal

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
If you're planning on swapping sections in and out make sure your lawyer validates the assorted amendments, and provides instructions about which amendments can be included at the same time!

Also, if these are numbered sections, make sure you adjust the numbering each time so the numbers don't have gaps in the sequence or repeat a number.

If I had to do all that on an iPhone I would probably run it over with my truck. I mean really, maybe I'm an old curmudgeon, but this millennial "cell phone is God" mentality has to stop.

We have members who come here using mobile devices who can't compose a post without run-on sentences, no punctuation, spell check substituting words and can't see illustrations without a microscope. Then they complain because their browser doesn't render the site the same as on a PC.

If you are going to generate paperwork in the field, at least get a full size tablet.

-Hal

I Agree. I mean smartphones are great for when you are in a pinch and need to look up a spec sheet in the field or check something on a drawing, but il do whatever I can on my laptop thank you.

Regarding contracts, As I get grumpier, I am always temped to put clauses in there stating I will charge extra for crappy drywall cutouts or if the job is run out of order so I cant work efficiently. Another thing (sorry for the rant) I could see putting in there is that hooking up temp stuff will be extra. ITs so annoying everyone expects me to get all these lights and plugs going right away, and they dont understand that it takes lots of additional time. Why does no one ask the plumber to install the toilet as soon as the drain is in?? Im not quite there, but close.

growler

I'm an old curmudgeon, but this millennial "cell phone is God" mentality has to stop.

20-30 years from now the cell (smart) phone will be obsolete and only a memory of the curmudgeons of that time ( present day millennials).

6 or 7G systems with direct brain implants. Old men will sit around in their anti-gravity rocking chairs and reminisce about smart phones and wish for the good old days when everyone didn't know what they were thinking.

Gary11734

I'm having my lawyer draw up a boiler plate contract for clients I will amend for individual Jobs of course.does anyone have any suggestions things to add besides the regular. I know with all the experiences here this should be an interesting topic

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Find a General who pays. The rest works out for itself. Once you get into bonded jobs, things change. Now you need a lawyer to make sure you're covered from job to job. I've had one page to 100-page contracts. The last one that was 100 pages, it cost me 35 million on a 15 million dollar job. Beware of Generals bearing gifts!

Status
Not open for further replies.