West Virginia Master's Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannabeMaster

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Hello, everyone!

I'm taking the West Virginia Master's exam next Tuesday. I currently hold a Kentucky JM License which I passed on the first try.

The West Virginia Exam is reputed to be difficult so I was wondering if anyone on here has taken the exam and can give me some insight on any last minute specifics that I need to brush up on.

I've worked my way through Tom Henry's calculations book and Mike Holt's exam prep. I've done motor calculations, single and multifamily calculations (both standard and optional method), and commercial calculations. I've brushed up on transformer calculations (which weren't in the study guides.)

Any tips or tricks for my first master's exam?

Thanks

oldsparky52

Hello, everyone!

I'm taking the West Virginia Master's exam next Tuesday. I currently hold a Kentucky JM License which I passed on the first try.

The West Virginia Exam is reputed to be difficult so I was wondering if anyone on here has taken the exam and can give me some insight on any last minute specifics that I need to brush up on.

I've worked my way through Tom Henry's calculations book and Mike Holt's exam prep. I've done motor calculations, single and multifamily calculations (both standard and optional method), and commercial calculations. I've brushed up on transformer calculations (which weren't in the study guides.)

Any tips or tricks for my first master's exam?

Thanks
I took that exam back circa 1993. Yes, it was not an easy pass, but I did. You sound better prepared than I was. If you understand all that you have done preparing for this, you should pass.

A little trick learned after taking so many tests is that a question I may get hung up on will be answered an hour or so later (from a different test question). So what I learned to do is to write down the question number and a few words to remind you of what the question was, then move on. Then, when you stumble across the answer, you will know which question to go back to in order to complete it. The last test I took I had 10 questions like that and found the answer to all 10 while working on different questions.

Best of luck, let us know how you do.

oliver_mix

Occupation
Plumbing
Hello, @WannabeMaster!
I took this exam. He was not easy for me. But if you prepare well everything will be more or less easy. The main secret is not to panic. Sometimes the answer may be simpler than you expected. I was helped by advice - do not worry.
Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.