10/2 - $ 180.42
10/3 - $ 263.10

At Lowe's yesterday 03/06/21 :
4/2 - $ 63.00
14/3 - $ 90.97
12/2 - $ 98.00
10/2 - $ 186.92
10/3 - $ 267.25

That's just over the course of 2 weeks folks !!! This has to adversely affect our industry in many ways. Make sure you re-check any quotes you have out there. If your estimates stated that prices are good for 30 days, depending on the size of the job, you may have to re-quote your prices.

kwired

Electron manager
This was from my post # 24 on 2/24/21

At Lowe's yesterday 03/06/21 :
4/2 - $ 63.00
14/3 - $ 90.97
12/2 - $ 98.00
10/2 - $ 186.92
10/3 - $ 267.25

That's just over the course of 2 weeks folks !!! This has to adversely affect our industry in many ways. Make sure you re-check any quotes you have out there. If your estimates stated that prices are good for 30 days, depending on the size of the job, you may have to re-quote your prices.
PVC is no better.

Supply house only guarantees price for day of quote recently on these items.

sw_ross

I haven’t really taken the effort to deal with it before, but this week I started keeping scrap wire. Especially the bare ground wire. It might be one more PITA to deal with, but it might eventually be justified.

kwired

Electron manager
I haven’t really taken the effort to deal with it before, but this week I started keeping scrap wire. Especially the bare ground wire. It might be one more PITA to deal with, but it might eventually be justified.
Having room to accumulate it is the biggest PITA about it.

I started collecting it in ~50 gallon drums. Makes it easier to bring to scrap yard. Instead of having to pick it up off the ground and find those smaller pieces, it is already ready to go other than loading the drum onto truck.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I was billing a job yesterday, compared the material cost from last month, from what I bought this month, and small items have went up 5-10%. At least it’s T&M, so I can recover that cost easily.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Was just to big blue Saturday and not a single PVC box to be found other than a couple of oddballs that rarely are used. I thought this was suppose to be getting better. 14/2 now what I was getting 12/2 for, it's getting near impossible to quote material when price is jumping $5 a 250 in less than a week, multiple times in as many weeks.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Just checked price at one of my suppliers this morning. Friday 12/2 was $99.20 today its $115.50.

My GC's are saying lumber prices have at least tripled.

PVC products are in short supply and $$$$$.

At this rate homeowners and business are not going to be able to afford to build.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Heck, at this rate, we may soon be forced into offering quotes to install customer-supplied materials.

"If you can find it, we can install it!"

James L

Occupation
Electrician
Heck, at this rate, we may soon be forced into offering quotes to install customer-supplied materials.

"If you can find it, we can install it!"
Maybe put some emergency amendments in place to allow whatever kind of wire is available 😁

Just kidding...
in case there are any who can't see humor

Status
Not open for further replies.