Digital Electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
This is new to me, digital electricity. Read about it here VoltServer.com Now this company is behind the product and of course touts all the benefits. When we look at the applications for POE, and how popular it is, this product may work out.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I don't see anything about energy distribution. I see building management, IoT, Verizon 5G for the Superbowl. Don't know what they had to do with any of it.

-Hal

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
VoltServer's patented Digital Electricity solutions safely deliver electricity where, when, and how it is needed. Digital Electricity can be delivered using off-the-shelf data cable, at significantly reduced cost, and with greater speed, power, distance, efficiency, intelligence, and flexibility, when compared to competing electrical installations.

As Tom pointed out in the OP, this is a PoE solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
VoltServer's patented Digital Electricity
emoji769.png
solutions safely deliver electricity where, when, and how it is needed. Digital Electricity
emoji769.png
can be delivered using off-the-shelf data cable, at significantly reduced cost, and with greater speed, power, distance, efficiency, intelligence, and flexibility, when compared to competing electrical installations.
Yow !!!!

The physicist in me just winces at the Aldous Huxley-ian notion that Digital Electricity is MORE EQUAL than Analog Electricity. (Animal Farm.) The verbal flummery in that quote sets my teeth on edge.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
When we look at the applications for POE, and how popular it is, this product may work out.

Ummm, what do they do that anybody else isn't doing? If it was so revolutionary their website wouldn't be just a bunch of name-drops and an attempt to get your email so they can spam you.

-Hal

Besoeker3

Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Ahh, now I get it. Digital Electricity. On=1, off=0. So what does that do for you?

-Hal
PWM as in pulse modulation? I did a lot of DC drives mainly in paper mills. These were PWM IGBT devices as opposed to the more conventional phase controlled drives. Not exactly new..............

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Someone else decided to re-market an old technology and call it by a different name.
Dyson did it with their “digital motors”..

Think power factor correction devices for homes.
Same crap, different name, yet people get excited by it and BUY!!!

Besoeker3

Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Think power factor correction devices for homes.
Same crap, different name, yet people get excited by it and BUY!!!
Yes, a company asked me to investigate that for a home installation device. Their choice. I did what they asked. And they paid me.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
PWM as in pulse modulation? I did a lot of DC drives mainly in paper mills. These were PWM IGBT devices as opposed to the more conventional phase controlled drives. Not exactly new..............

their logo on the website is a PWM waveform, so that's what I assume this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.